1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the right home theater receiver for me? plz help!!

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by tehzohan44, Jan 21, 2012.

1. tehzohan44

tehzohan44 New Member

im looking at buying Pioneer Elite VSX-90TXV for $220 from a friend, i have 2 dx7 cerwin vegas, 255watt max and 4ohms, i have 2 Panasonic sb-ch150 speakers, 60w, music; 30w, din and 4 ohms, i also have 2 sony ss-h700 speakers, 6ohms: 50w, will these speakers be fine with that receiver? should i look for different speakers? edit: ohh, and i need a sub preferably on the cheap, what do you guys recommend

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Well-Known Member

Robert
    Budget? Size constraints? What kind of performance are you looking for? Be specific.

3. tehzohan44

tehzohan44 New Member

decent haha this is my first go at a home theater, im new at this so uhh one that sounds good? not sure honestly

4. Robert_J

Robert
    Let's start with the process of elimination. Here's a great sub http://www.svsound.com/view-all?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=12 It sounds awesome. Is it more than you wanted to spend? Is it too large?

5. tehzohan44

tehzohan44 New Member

uhh way to much $ haha uhh size is fine, its going next to like 3.5ft speakers

6. Robert_J

Robert
    Less than 1/2 the price - http://www.svsound.com/subwoofers/ported-box/pb12-nsd?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=14&category_id=7 Check out all of the offerings from SVS, Elemental Designs, Epik Subwoofers, Rythmik Audio and Hsu Research. If those are all too expensive, we go to BIC, Dayton Audio and Lava Subwoofers.

7. Mike Thomass

Mike Thomass Well-Known Member

tehzohan this will be much much easier if you just tell robert how much you want to spend on the sub