What's new

What is the one show you think has been ignored that should be released on DVD? (1 Viewer)

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
"THE COLBYS"
"THE ANN SOTHERN SHOW"
"THE DONNA REED SHOW"
THE BALANCE OF "MAKE ROOM FOR DADDY" SERIES

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
ELLERY QUEEN with Jim Hutton and David Wayne. It only ran one season, but the mysteries were more sophisticated than those of the far more popular MURDER SHE WROTE (by the same executive producers), and they were done in period (late 1940s).

I'd also like to see the six 90 minute episodes of THE SNOOP SISTERS with Helen Hayes and Mildred Natwick. It was one of NBC's Tuesday Mystery Movie components and was lots of fun.

JonathanBB

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not sure if I have posted in this topic, but here it goes...

"MAMA'S FAMILY"

Holy freakin' crap! Warner doesn't realize the potential for this series. It had some big stars like Carol Burnett, Vicki Lawrence, Betty White, Rue McClanahan, Harvey Korman, etc., etc.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Nice lists!

But, as usual, the really important series aren't mentioned even once:

The Virginian (60s)
Alias Smith and Jones (70s)

Further DVDs necessary:

High Chaparral
Centennial
Return to Treasure Island

Cees

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
If I could only choose one:

Batman (1966)

They've had about 9 years now to try to work through all the legal entanglements; how long is it gonna' take?! At the rate they're going nobody alive will even care and/or recognize the people involved with the "wall" cameos! (I have this nightmare that they'll finally clear all the legal hurdles, Fox and Warners will actually come to an agreement on a percentage of the distribution; but then they look around and discover that it's 2012 and nobody cares anymore!)

"Holy Procrastination, Batman!"

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
The one show that's been ignored for far too long is THE ODD COUPLE. It seems not a day goes by where my friends and I aren't imitating some hilarious line from Felix or Oscar from that show. Where is it!!???

Kevin E. Collar

Auditioning
come on...Where In The World is Carmen Sandiego!!! Classic Kids Game show. That show is way past its due to come out on DVD. That show and Double Dare!!!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
State of Grace (2001) - this ran on Fox Family and then was killed by shoddy marketing and timeslot changes when that network became ABC Family after Disney bought it, but it's a great, great quality family show. It only ran for two seasons in half-hour format, so they could probably release it in one or two boxes; it would not be a massive undertaking. I *think* Fox has the rights?

Providence - Please release this thing in season sets! There is a best-of collection out now from Artisan (now Lionsgate), but it is the kind of show that needs to be seen in order to be fully appriciated.

I will echo Early Edition as already mentioned.

And while I'm at it -- good for you, Disney, for finally releasing some of your late '80s/early '90s animated TV material on disc. However, please try this with some of your film spinoff properties -- particurarly Aladdin -- but also The Little Mermaid, Hercules, etc. in multidisc volume format. For Mermaid and Hercules, since the films are in need of revisiting (Mermaid at least is getting it in October), the TV releases could come out close in timeframe to the movies and gain added exposure because of them.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Strange most of what i really want is on DVD. The one primetime show i want is The Six Million Dollar Man.
Now how about some Filmation Saturday morning stuff?
Ark II
Jason of Star Command
Tarzan (70s animation)
Batman (70s animated as well)
At least i get my Animated Trek, but Paramount controls that.

Real Name
Matthew Burdette
Bonkers (1993)- This was one of the funniest Disney cartoons I have ever seen and I'm still waiting or a DVD release of it.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Randy, i read yesterday that the Filmation Flash Gordon, and Space Sentinels, among others was coming out this summer. Might have read it on the Digital Bits site, cant remember now. I did find Flash Gordon on Amazon.

Maybe we will see more Filmation stuff come our way?

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
Yeah I know, that's great news Rick! Just got the e-mails from tvshowsondvd.com today! They have the press releases for Space Sentinels and Freedom Force! And Flash Gordon too earlier!
Thanks Dave and Gord!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks