What's new

What is the location of Thunderbird emails? (1 Viewer)

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I am going to attempt to copy my emails from another hard drive that crashed in an attempt to restore all of the emails I had.

I am using windows xp professional with Mozilla Thunderbird as my email program. I am looking for an exact location of the email folders/info on the hard drive eg.... c:program filesmozilla etc

Thanks,

LewB

Screenwriter
Looks like mine is in:
C:Documents and Settings[your name]Application DataThunderbirdProfilesi0luykru.defaultmail.[mail account]

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Neil, make sure you have "Show hidden files and folders" selected in your view preferences or you won't be able to get into the "Application Data" folder.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Thanks, I am going to hook up the "dead" hard drive now and see if I can retrieve.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I am pleased to report that I was able to retrieve all of my emails and their folders. Mind you, because of the corruption on the old hard drive, the folders location was renamed and also hidden so it was not easy to find.

Thanks for all of your help

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
FYI, another way to find the Application Data folder is the %APPDATA% environment variable. (E.g., type %APPDATA% in the "Run" box and it will take you to the Application Data folder for your profile.) The App. Data folder for all users is "%allusersprofile%Application Data".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks