What's new

What is my Sony rear projection TV worth? (1 Viewer)

DesertRat

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark Abbott
I just purchased a new LCD 1080P TV and am looking to sell my 51" Sony HD rear projection TV (KP-51WS500). The Sony is 7 years old, capable of 1080i and is in good condition...no problems with the picture or physical damage. I have the manual, remotes, and cables. It has i DVI digital connector but no HDMI.

I want to sell it quickly this weekend at a garage sale and have no idea how much to ask for it. I paid 2K 7 years ago but want to make sure it sells quickly. I will be able to show off the TV with HD cable programming inside of my house.

Any help would be appreciated. I am hoping to get at least $250-300 but let me know if my target is too high/low.

Thanks

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

That's about right ... although a TV like that is just a year or two away from convergence board failures that will cost $400 or more to fix ... and no spare parts available anymore.

Regards

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
I concur with Michael. For reference, about 18 months ago, I sold my Sony KP-57WV700 set via craigslist and got $500 for it. I would think you could ask $300 and just be prepared to come down a little. I'm of the school that getting SOMETHING for it (and getting it out of the house), is better than hanging on to it for months trying to get an extra $50 or $100. Good luck with the sell.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks