What's new

What is it with men in minivans and 4-cylinder cars? (2 Viewers)

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
I drive a sports cars. Nothing fancy, but it sure looks racy. Ever since I bought it, I notice whenever I take off at an intersection...and the person next to me is a man in a minivan or a compact car...he will always floor it and try to cut me off. What is up with that? Are any of you guilty of this? If so, shame on you.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
Hrmmm we need to know what "sports car" you have.
I have a four cyl. car, we could race :) Don't mind the hair dryer under the hood..

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
They drive like Bone-heads because they're stuck in a piece of crap. I don't think I've seen a guy that didn't drive like an ass in a minivan...hell I would too if I was stuck driving one. (Shivers) YUCK! no thanks! ;)

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Perhaps you need a faster car, cuz if you were beating them through the gears it would not bother you so much!

Wes

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
It's not just you - I've noticed quite a bit of folks who are driving minivans that treat their grocery-getter like it's a top fuel car. I really don't understand it either.

Mark Brewer

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know I have a minivan and I've blown away a couple of hot shot teenager In their tiny Hondas....

I've Also left them eating my dust in my Intrepid.

____
Dean

I would rather be driving my very comfortable Mini Van on long trips than a sports car....

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
You need NAAS.(nitrous Oxide) :D

I drive my Hot Rod V-8, I never get cut off. ;)

Usually the deep throaty sound of the Flowmasters humble the little 4 cyl. drivers, and they pretend they are playing with the radio.

But on occasion some guy in a little 4 banger will think he's Dom (Fast and the Furious), but he quickly learns. ;)

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
I don't know I have a minivan and I've blown away a couple of hot shot teenager In their tiny Hondas....

I've Also left them eating my dust in my Intrepid.

Yeah my brother had a little '88 Dodge minivan with the turbo, and it also humbled many a Honda and cars like them, it was surprisingly fast.

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Scott I loved it!!!:laugh:

He had that camero by 1/4 car length when the reached the Christmas tree, Sweeeeeeeeet!

I think it was a Mopar (can you consider a mini van a Mopar?;)) wasn't it?

My wife drives a Plymouth (Mopar) Voyager 4 popper!:cool:

Wes

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
I used to drive a minivan and no I don't drive like an envious 16 y/o. I drive carefully since I usually am carrying the only wealth I have, my family.

CharlesD

Screenwriter
Not sure if this happens much. I have a "4cyl import" but everytime I take off from a stop light everyone else is reduced to a spec in my rear view so fast I can't tell if they're trying to race or not ;) Some guys in Mustang V8s seem to think they should be able to get in front of me, but I just floor it and they go back to speck-ville. :lol:

Doug_H

Supporting Actor
This thread cracks me up. I drive a Honda s2000 and love the car but I don't race it despite the fact that the engine has been beefed up. I like to take it out into the hills on the weekend and have some fun. I don't race at lights or any of that crap.

The point here is that I have pulled up to a red light a number of times only to have the guy in the minivan, firebird or other car roll down the window to let me know how he kicked my ass back there. Only problem is I never knew we were racing :)

I have talked about this with a number of friends who own Miatas, hondas and such and they have all had this happen. I am glad you all are leaving us in the dust but at least let us know you are racing us :)

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
The point here is that I have pulled up to a red light a number of times only to have the guy in the minivan, firebird or other car roll down the window to let me know how he kicked my ass back there. Only problem is I never knew we were racing
That is pretty much my point. Just because I have a fast car doesn't mean everybody out there has to try to race me.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Some guys in Mustang V8s seem to think they should be able to get in front of me, but I just floor it and they go back to speck-ville. :lol:
They must not be trying very hard. Because if they wanted to get in front of you, they most definitely could. Unless, of course, your punching juice.

CharlesD

Screenwriter
I dunno what "punching juice" means, but yes they are trying, its just that their overweight cars are slower than mine :) just cos its got a V8 doesn't automatically make it faster than a car with fewer cylinders, its hp, torque and weight that counts not the number of cylinders.

Jared_B

Supporting Actor
They must not be trying very hard. Because if they wanted to get in front of you, they most definitely could.
I don't think we have enough information to make such a statement. Charles hasn't said yet which 4 cylinder import he has. I can name 5 off the top of my head that will embarass a Mustang GT. :)
WRX
S2000
SRT-4 (OK, so not an import)
EVO VIII
Integra Type R

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks