What's new

What is going on with the BD Terminator? (1 Viewer)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
See this. It looks awful--significantly worse than DVD. Note that the same problem is not seen on the next page with House of Flying Daggers, so it's not the guy's setup.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Post #20 here leads me to believe you checked the wrong film (Terminator 2, not Terminator).

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Could there be a problem with decoding in the player? The 720p over DVI example looks clearer than 1080i over component. Although, both still look like absolute crap compared to the DVD. Why would 720p look clearer than 1080i if the problem was a disc related one?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I've watched the Blu-ray discs from beginning to end and there's no way that's accurate in my opinion. Explain to me how you came to that conclusion with what type of comparisons between the discs?

Crawdaddy

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member

Looks like you're seeing interlaced or bobbing artifacts. Was this BD viewed using proper 3-2 pulldown reversal just like the 480P SD DVD image?

Michael Osadciw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Osadciw
I watched The Terminator on Blu-Ray last night - the Blu-Ray BLOWS AWAY the DVD...but, I will admit, the end credits were blurry...why that is I don't know...they bounced around...kinda like when there is film and video mixed at the same time and the player has difficulties playing back both flawlessly.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks