What's new

What iPhone/Touch apps have you downloaded? (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
My biggest impressions thus far is the Monkeyball and Enigmo games.

Both are pricey at $10 each, but graphics wise and playability,
well worth it.

Enigmo is very interesting. It's a puzzle where you must figure
out how to rig a contraption to divert water from a spout to a pitcher
of sorts. I was able to figure out the first level, but I can see how
complicated this game is going to get.

What's amazing is that these "apps" are never-ending. Each day
new apps appear. One could go broke in no time.

Great stuff!

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Yes, it controls movies, TV shows, podcasts, audiobooks... pretty much anything in your iTunes library.

Note that with video material, it only plays it on the device you're controlling. For example, if you're controlling your computer, any video content will play on the computer. And iTunes apparently doesn't stream the audio portion of video content to remote speakers (at least, I have yet to get that to work).

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Havent played with many yet, but if you havent tried the game of life, get it, its the best implementation I've seen and I've even programmed my own over 20 years ago!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
OK. Some time has passed. What apps do you consider your favorites? Maybe a new thread like the recommended Mac software thread?

So far I agree with Craig that Remote is the killer app. I'd been looking at things like the TuneView Remote, but having it on the Touch, which does tons of other things, is a no-brainer.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
PocketPedia is great -- I now have my full collections available for reference at all times. SnapTell is very cool if you come across a book/cd/dvd that you wish to remember or get an instant price comparison on. Just amazing.

Other currently heavily used apps:
Wurdle
Twitterifiic (though really Tweetie is much better -- I just haven't switched over).
Remote
Now Playing
WeatherBug
Stanza
Facebook
Instapaper
iTalk
Google Earth
Shazam
Ocarina

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
My current favorite iPhone applications ( A few of these are "WebApps", and noted as such):

1. Pandora (Appstore) - Essentially allows you to define your own radio station!
2. Favorator - (Appstore) - I love this "Favorites" speed dial enhancement.
3. Sportacular - (Appstore) - Let's me keep up with the odds, scores, and in-game progress for all of my favorite teams.
4. Koi Pond - (Appstore) - Fascinating and relaxing graphical demo.
5. Shredder Chess (WebApp) - The best free chess game for the iPhone.
6. WunderRadio (Appstore) - Listen to almost any AM or FM station in the country.
7. Wikipanion (Appstore) - Does a great job of providing quick access to - and custom formating of - Wikipedia articles.
8. All the free Google Gmail/Calendar/Mobile apps. (Appstore and WebApps) Who really needs MobileMe with all of this available for free?
9. Weather Underground for iPhone (WebApp) Great free weather app with tabs for "Current Conditions", "Radar", "Forecast", and "Warnings".
10. Tip$ (AppStore) - Jerry Seinfeld would be proud!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
After playing a bit with the Mobile Air Mouse I'm pretty pleased. It's definitely worth the $6, especially when you consider how much a wireless mouse costs on its own or something like an Adesso keyboard+trackpad.

There are a couple quirks I've noticed in my playing.

If you change the settings it may take relaunching both the server app and the iPod app for things to take effect.

The scrolling takes a bit of getting used to, but once you figure out the maneuver and amount of touch required it works as it should. You can also do the two-finger scroll, though of course that requires you to use two hands or have the device resting on a surface.

It doesn't eliminate the mouse and keyboard entirely, but it does go a long ways towards making things more streamlined. I recommend it!

Eric M Jones

Second Unit
I have a 2Gen iPod Touch. I have a lot of apps downloaded but here's my favorites:

Games:
Slotz Racer
Hero of Sparta
i Love Katamari

Utility:
App Sniper
WifiTrak
Easy WiFi
Remote

Lifestyle:
Lose it!
Red Delicious
Palringo
WootOn!

-EJ

TanushreeRanjan

Auditioning
Real Name
TanushreeRanjan
hey friends ,
thanks for sharing your iphone apps ....
can someone give me a link from where i can download iPhone Apps ....

i am really gonna love this forum ....... thanks .......
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
I used Skype while traveling in Costa Rica this week, and the sound quality is amazing, like better than AT&T's cell service in lower Manhattan. I did an iPhone to iPhone, Skype to Skype conversation with a friend in California, and it was like he was standing next to me. Called Italy, it is just great.

For anyone who makes international calls or travels abroad, Skype is an absolute must. It replaced Notepad on my home screen.

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
My favorite app that I've downloaded has to be the game GALCON. It is a simple strategy game. You can play it as a mindless endeavor, but it also has depths in human behavior analysis and strategy if you let yourself get sucked in - as I have...

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Rowmote -- very responsive remote for Front Row, etc. Especially if you have a system that doesn't come with or support the Apple Remote.

Big Stopwatch. Beautifully designed stopwatch.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks