What's new

What happened to the hotmail inbox size increase? (1 Viewer)

Benson R

Supporting Actor
Last spring there were press releases stating that hotmail accounts would be bumped up to 200 mb. Then in the summer they said it would be done by fall.

Well we are into November now and I am still at 2mb. I read in a couple messageboards that people had their inbox size increased, but havent heard anything more.

What gives? Does anyone know Micrsofts schedule for bumping up users inboxes?

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Me, and most people i know have gotten theirs upped to 250MB

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I've had my account since 1996 and nothing. I've even been a premium member paying $20 a year for a 10mb account. Obviously cancelled since Gmail arrived.

Hotmail is officially my spam account now. They can keep their measily upgrade and plethora of ads.
thumbsdown.gif

Rob Silver

Stunt Coordinator
^ What he said. Hotmail should just change their name to Spamail. Have stopped using HM after I got my GM acct.

ScottHH

Stunt Coordinator
After reading this thread, I asked hotmail directly, since I haven't been upgraded either. I got this pretty lame reply:

Thank you for writing to MSN Hotmail Technical Support.

This is Mark and I am writing in response to your inquiry about when your account will be upgraded. I understand the importance of this matter to you.

I am very glad to inform you that we have already initiated upgrading the mail storage of our free Hotmail accounts by 125 times their current e-mail storage to 250MB as well as the ability to send attachments up to 10MB. You do not need to do anything because your account will be upgraded automatically.

However, please understand that we have millions of subscribers and because of this, we are doing this upgrade by batches. Kindly accept our apology if it is taking time before your account is upgraded. MSN Hotmail is currently running tests to ensure a great customer experience with the upgrade in storage. At present, please bear with us as we are unable to provide the specific time and date on when the change will take effect into your account. As always, it is our goal to serve you in the most efficient manner possible.

In addition to the upcoming storage changes, we have made other changes to improve your MSN Hotmail experience. We have expanded our anti-virus protection to include free virus cleaning, making MSN Hotmail the only free global e-mail service to both scan and clean incoming and outgoing e-mail for viruses and worms before they can enter your inbox and risk infecting your PC.

We greatly value your satisfaction with our service. If you have other concerns that I can help you with, please feel free to send us an e-mail and we'll be very happy to assist you.

Thank you for your patience and understanding regarding this matter.

Sincerely,
Mark M.
MSN Hotmail Technical Support

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I don't know when you guys quit Hotmail, but my spam protection has been great for at least the past few months.

Patrick_L

Second Unit
i've also had a hotmail acct that i use almost daily since '97 and it's still 2mb. i'm on the verge of going all gmail for web accounts. :

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
Still waiting for my increase too...

I do have a gmail account, but everyone knows my hotmail address...

DarrenHo

Stunt Coordinator
that's interesting. my hotmail increased to 250megs couple of months ago. maybe send tech support a note.

ToddS

Stunt Coordinator
After reading this thread last Friday. I sent an email asking when my account would be upgraded but I never received a response, then last night I checked my email and my inbox showed up as 250 Meg. I don't know if it was a coincedence and mine was scheduled to be upgraded this week, but it may be worth a shot to send another email.

ScottHH

Stunt Coordinator
Interesting, got my useless support email on 11/6. Woke up this morning 11/9 to 250MB. Any luck Benson?

Benson R

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the replies. I am still at 2mb as of this afternoon. I'll go ahead and send an email and see what happens.

Jonny_L

Stunt Coordinator
I signed up for Hotmail back when it started at about '95 and my main account has been upgraded for about a month and a half which is sweet. I assume they are doing it by whoever signed up first moving forward. I have a second account that I signed up for last year for subscribing to things and keeping junk low, and it hasnt been touched yet.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
My account now has 250MB!

I don't think they'll upgrade your account faster if you e-mail them about it. You'll just have to wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks