What's new

What ever happened to "M*A*S*H" season 2? (1 Viewer)

Jeff F.

Second Unit
When I purchased the "M*A*S*H" season one DVD set, there was an insert inside the case announcing that season 2 would be released in May.

Well, May is right around the corner and no official release date has been made regarding season 2.

Has anyone heard any rumors about season 2 coming out, or were sales not high enough on season 1 to warrant the cost of making season 2?

Steven Wesley

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
They've rumored delays on a lot of MASH fan sites... but I haven't heard anything official. Some have also suggested that FOX may be manuvering the release date to not canibalize other releases.

Greg O' Connel

Stunt Coordinator
Gah. It looks like Fox is settling on a 1 season a year pattern for their television shows. I look forward to seeing the M*A*S*H finale in 2012. :frowning:
Let's hope Ron & Parker have a Fox chat in the works for the near future to see if that will be the case.

Jeff

Supporting Actor
Well I'm only getting up to season 5 so I only have to wait 5 years.

Coressel

Supporting Actor
Well I'm only getting up to season 5 so I only have to wait 5 years.
I was thinking along the same lines, except I think I'll just get the first 4 seasons. To me, the better "final episode" is "The Interview."

Actually, if season 2 is coming this fall then it's 2 seasons a year.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Maybe they're saving it to coincide with the show's 30th anniversary in September.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Probably it's an anniversary thing. That and they already have so many sets coming out in that time period

Right now it's X-Files in May/November and Buffy in January/June. Probably adding to that Angel in Oct/November and in March/April.(guessing here, we'll see in June) , PLUS Simpsons in whenever that's happening. They're probably just trying to maneuver them a little farther apart to give some breathing room

Sarah S

Second Unit
What I was hoping was that Fox would work up their release schedule so that eventually we would see a season from one of their tv shows every month; eg Buffy - January/June, Simpsons - Febuary/July, Mash - March/Aaugust etc.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Should the Show's Finale get a Five Star Treatment? Maybe with Cast Commentaries etc?

TheoGB

Screenwriter
I'll be interested to see whether Paramount's TNG release schedule bears fruit. Hopefully it will kickstart a bit of speed on the release front...:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks