What's new

What else can I do with my 2 Blueprint 1804s ? (1 Viewer)

James W. Johnson

Screenwriter
Ok so I rent my place and I am very much considering moving out after 4 years of renting.

The landlord probably ain't gonna want an IB subwoofer so I need to yank the drivers and repair the wall which is no biggie but it needs to be done if I do decide to move for sure.

Anyways I am having a hard time selling these drivers so I guess I might try and use them if possible.

But what in the hell can I do with these pigs in a reasonably sized cabinet, say under 4'x 2'x2' ?

I have a QSC 1850HD so only 600 watts per driver which isn't really alot for these because they can take all of it in the IB set-up.

I know my best bet is to just get rid of them and go with a pair of Tempests but I gotta tell you that its been really nice having drivers that never bottom , or at least I never hear them doing it. :)

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
You could put them in an overly small sealed box; then use a Linkwitz transform circuit, to fake them into performing like the box was much bigger.

You would need an amp with higher power to do that.

Jason Garver

Stunt Coordinator
Will another IB setup be unfeasable when you move? If they performed well for you in the past in an IB I see no reason not to do it again.

GrahamT

Supporting Actor
And if you can't do and IB or LT maybe an isobaric configuration might work.

stephanX

Stunt Coordinator
Give one to me! problem solved:D

I vote for the IB again, or alternately a ported box? no one mentioned this but ported would work very well.

James W. Johnson

Screenwriter
I love my IB but it creates so much bass that its impossible to keep it away from the neighbors..as it is now my entire house is a subwoofer. :D Not that there is anything wrong with this but when I play a movie @ reference volumes everyone on my street knows about it.

Id like to be able to keep it down to 1 or 2 houses on either side of me. :)

I guess I will either keep one driver or sell them both, the 1850HD's fan is louder than hell too so I have had urges to sell it as well even though its outside of my HT now so its a non-issue.

Or I might just say fvck it and keep the IB and everything as it is....in fact right now this is about where I am at.
There is a good chance I am going to stay here another year..I am asking for a raise at work and if it goes thru then I am staying.

John Wes

Stunt Coordinator
If your still interested in selling them, PM me a price. I might be interested...

Tom-K

Stunt Coordinator
Same here James, I might be interested in those also. How much are you asking for them?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks