What's new

What do you think of this TV? (1 Viewer)

Richard_Long

Auditioning
I have been looking for a medium sized widescreen television. I would like for it to be flat screen (don't know if it comes otherwise) and if possible be HDTV compatible, but not necessary.

I found what seems to be a really good deal on the Samsung TXM3097WHF. It is a 30" 16:9 flat screen for $850. Does anyone have one of these sets? Have you had good or bad experiences? Does anyone have suggestions for another 16:9 flat screen for a reasonable price?

Thanks for all your help and cooperation and let's hear those suggestions and comments.

Richard

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Some of our members own this set, Richard, and I hope they respond to your query. One person experienced problems with chroma abberations on his sample, but others love this model. From what I understand, its grayscale is not that accurate out of the box and there appear to be some unit-to-unit variations. It might be worth persuing, and looks to be a good deal. Samsung, after all, is a reputable OEM (and its Tantalus-series models have earned good reviews in the magazines).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks