What's new

What Disney Treasures title are we sending discs back for replacement? (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
This is going to seem like an odd question, but with so much on
my mind these days, I am drawing a blank.

I just received a mailer label to send back a Walt Disney Treasures
title that I called about a few weeks ago.

Thing is, I forgot which one it was and what disc(s) were affected.

I *think* it was a Silly Symphonies title but I am not sure.

Can someone remind me what title I should be looking at in my
collection? I was discussing this replacement process with many
of you in a recent thread.

The form is asking for the DVD(s) to be returned in their case.
I take it I don't have to return the packaging?

Thanks for the help!

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Ron, the correct tin is the More Silly Symphonies set from last year (or Vol. 2 as some call it.) Both discs should be returned. But do not return the packaging. Just put the discs in an envelope. Hope this helps!

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Basically, they used the wrong masters on some of the shorts. One of them (it was one of the Christmas themed shorts) exluded a censored shot of Amos and Andy pulling a wagon of toys. Most of the mistakes involved re-release title cards and such. Some of the other shorts had encoding errors. I just received my replacements today and they look much better!

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Ron, i had it listed in my Replacement disc thread, it was a sticky, but now no longer is, could i get that fixed, also i will be calling WB about the latest Tom and jerry fiasco, i dont think they will budge on the 2 remaining toons , but there is mis framing on one of the cinemascope shorts, so there is a possibility that it will be corrected, the people that are angry about that, are the same group that want the missing toons.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
mine never came with return envelopes. I presummed they didn't want them back.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
They don't come with return envelopes. I just bought a brown envelope and put the discs in there.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Mine didn't even ask for them to be returned. The lady on the phone said they would send them out. thats it. They arrived with no return instructions. The Warner Bros replacements did.

Maybe it's cause I'm in Canada and these ship from the states.

Miguel M Santos

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Miguel M Santos

I'm based in the UK, and mine also arrived with no instructions, and so did a couple of others that were shipped here.

Patrick...M

Auditioning
My replacement discs for More Silly Symphonies came this week (after calling last week) along with Disc One replacements for True-Life Adventures Volumes 1 and 4. Being in Canada, they said not to return the original discs.

Jonathan Peterson

Second Unit
Real Name
Jonathan Peterson
So you have been receiving the discs first? I thought you had to send them back first before receiving the replacements.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Only speaking of my own experience, I got the discs and a pre-paid label with Disney's address on it.

I went the cheap route sending it back too- I peeled the label (with my address on it) off the envelope and put the Disney address label on it and sent the 'defective' discs back in the same envelope that they used.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I am in the US and I was also sent the replacement discs with no indication that I was supposed to send the defective discs back (such as a pre-paid mailer). Perhaps they figured it was a waste to spend money on pre-paid mailers for discs they would just throw in a dumpster.

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sumner Northcutt
I just received sometime last week (I was away) 2 disks for the more Silly Symphonies. They were sent from Neenah, WI (???). I had sent an email about 10 days ago - very quick service. Since I live in Germany,the return email stated that I did not have to return the old DVDs.

I also received replacements for "True Life" - disk 1 for vol 1 and disk 1 for Vol 4. Should I have gotten replacements for disks 2 of each. I am looking forthat thread.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Yes, Silly Symphonies vol. 2 had problems with title cards and a snipped scene. I received the return envelope about 8 days after I called and the replacement discs about 10 days after I sent them in. Still haven't heard a peep from Warner, though I called the about replacements for Tom & Jerry and Looney Tunes 4 the same day.

Jeff Swindoll

Supporting Actor
Me too, but the times I've called the number the procedure is to send me a pre-paid mailer for the defective discs and when I return them THEN they send me the replacements.

Those that got the discs sent to them - did you call or email?

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I am in Canada and I was actually told by the person I spoke with on the phone to "destroy" the old discs.. lol.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

I e-mailed them. I don't remember exactly when it was that I contacted them, but it was after other people were already receiving their replacement discs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks