What's new

What did you watch this week in classic TV on DVD(or Blu)? (5 Viewers)

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
This week for me:

MAVERICK Season 2

CANNON Season 4

HAWAII FIVE-O Season 7

LOVE BOAT Season 2

GRIZZLY ADAMS Season 1

SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN Season 3

SLEDGE HAMMER! Season 2

disctrip

Supporting Actor
Real Name
hank freitas
For me,

Dr. Kildare-season 3

Naked City - Season 4

The Fugitive - Season 3

The Rebel - Season 1

The Dakotas

Cheyenne - Season 4

ScottRichard

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
Watched an episode or two from:

Lost in Space-Season 2

Batman-Season 2

Lawman-Season 1 (with Adam West as Doc Holliday, which was a fun surprise!)

Wanted Dead or Alive-Season 1

The Rebel-Season 1

Bonanza-Season 1

The Mod Squad-Season 1

The Rookies-Season 1

The Six Million Dollar Man-Season 3

Shazam-Season 1

Secrets of Isis-Season 2

Ark II-an episode from The Complete Series

Simon and Simon-Season 2

Spenser for Hire-Season 1

Cheers-Season 6

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Mazinger Z - "The Flying Metal Arm, Dyan" (1972-Japan, animated) DVD

Urusei Yatsura - "The Return of the Armored Girl... Too Many Brothers" (1985-Japan, animated) DVD

Science Fiction Theatre - "Sound of Murder" (1955) DVD

In Search Of... - "Other Voices" (1976) DVD

The Jack Benny Program - "Guest: The Rev. Billy Grahame" (1963) DVD

The Honeymooners - "Young at Heart" (1956) DVD

Lost in Space - "Island in the Sky" (1965) Blu-ray

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Dark Shadows - "Episodes 538-543" (1968, Barnabas and Adam both "die" and recover; Nicholas makes Angelique's left hand skeletal; Carolyn hides Adam in Collinwood; Angelique, David and Julia Hoffman all hear the late Dr. Lang's secret tape recording; Nicholas meets Maggie Evans)

Spectre
(1977, unsold series pilot telefilm), starring Robert Culp, Gig Young, John Hurt, Gordon Jackson, James Villiers, Majel Barrett, Ann Bell and Jenny Runacre

Mazinger Z
(aka Tranzor Z, Season 1) - "The Devil's Great Rolling Attack!!" (1972)

Urusei Yatsura
(Season 4) - "The Armored Girl Is Back Again! Dates of Thunder!" (1985)

In Search Of...
(Season 1) - "The Bermuda Triangle" (1976)

Yancy Derringer
- "Mayhem at the Market" (1959), guest stars: Jack Albertson and Raymond Bailey

The Honeymooners
(Classic 39) - "Mama Loves Mambo" (1956), guest star: Charles Korvin

Science Fiction Theatre
(Season 1) - "Death at 2 a.m." (1955), guest stars Skip Homeier, John Qualen and Ted de Corsia

Lost in Space
(Season 1) - "Welcome Stranger" (1965), guest star: Warren Oates

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Watched an episode or two from:
Spenser for Hire-Season 1

That's the biggest thing I saw last week. I purchased Warner Archive's MOD release of that, and just yesterday saw the pilot. I haven't really gotten that far into Spenser, but I hope to really enjoy it.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
All on disc:

Dark Shadows
- Episodes 544-553 (1968)

The Honeymooners
(Classic 39) - "TV or Not TV" (1955) and "Please Leave the Premises" (1956)

Stoney Burke
- "The Test" (1963), guest star: James Coburn, co-stars: Richard Eyer & Ivan Dixon

Mazinger Z
(aka Tranzor Z, Season 1) - "Rage! The Sleeping Giant, Spartan!" (1972)

Urusei Yatsura
(Season 4) - "Monk of Mystery! Bell Bashing Battle Royale!" (1985)

In Search Of...
(Season 1) - "Bigfoot" (1976)

Science Fiction Theatre
(Season 1) - "Conversation With an Ape" (1955), guest stars: Hugh Beaumont, Barbara Hale and Paul Birch

Lost in Space
- "My Friend, Mr. Nobody" (1965) + the Blu-ray cast commentary

Yancy Derringer
- "The Night the Russians Landed" (1959), guest star: Nick Adams

I'm Dickens... He's Fenster
- "Party, Party, Who's Got the Party?", "The Yellow Badge of Courage" and "The Joke" (1962)

The Saint
- "The Talented Husband" (1962, series pilot), guest stars: Derek Farr, Shirley Eaton and Patricia Roc

Batman
- "The Greatest Mother of Them All" and "Ma Parker" (1966), guest star: Shelley Winters, co-starring Tisha Sterling... cameos by Julie Newmar (as Catwoman), James Griffith and Milton Berle

rjd0309

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
Star Trek Deep Space Nine season 3

I always get a chuckle whenever they lose a runabout. The unfortunate runabouts are like the Liberty ships of WWII. They just keep getting blown up, burned, crashed, destroyed, week after week. Star Fleet Command must have to crank them out on an assembly line! ;)

Reminds me of the running gag of Bill Maxwell's unfortunate car in Greatest American Hero. Bill and Ralph save the day, but Bill's FBI-supplied car always seems to get blown up, burned, crashed, destroyed, week after week. The FBI accountants must wonder why Maxwell needs a new car every two months!

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
All on disc, in the last week and a half:

Mazinger Z (a.k.a. Tranzor Z, Season 1) - "The Mechanical Beast Tsunami Plot" and "Orders to Assassinate Koju Kabuto!" (both 1972)

Urusei Yatsura (Season 4) - "First Love Again; Will Lum and Rei Reunite?" and "Here Comes the Barista of Youth! Shining Cafe of Dreams!" (both 1985)

Science Fiction Theatre (Season 1) - "Marked 'Danger'" and "Hour of Nightmare" (both 1955), guest stars: Otto Kruger, Arthur Franz and Nancy Gates; William Bishop and Lynn Bari

Lost in Space (Season 1) - "Invaders from the Fifth Dimension" and "The Oasis" (both 1965) [Blu-ray]

In Search Of... (Season 1) - "Killer Bees" and "Earthquakes" (both 1976)

Yancy Derringer - "A Game of Chance" and "Panic in Town" (both 1959), guest stars: Karen Sharpe, Arthur Batanides; Peggy Stewart, Donald Randolph and Ed Kemmer, cameo by Walter Burke

The Honeymooners (Classic 39) - "Pardon My Glove" and "Young Man With a Horn" (both 1956)

Barney Miller (Season 3) - "Power Failure" (1976), guest stars: Stephan Gierasch, Susan Brown

WKRP in Cincinnati (Season 2) - "Carlson for President" (1979), guest stars: Howard Witt, Lillian Garrett

Stoney Burke - "The Journey" (1963, final episode), guest star: Mark Richman

Mannix (Season 2) - "A View of Nowhere" (1968), guest stars: Hazel Court, Michael Wilding, Katherine Woodville, Larry Linville, Woodrow Parfrey

Dark Shadows - Episodes 554-563 (1968)

Gunsmoke (Season 1) - "The Guitar" (1956), guest star: Aaron Spelling

Batman (Season 2) - "The Clock King's Crazy Crimes" and "The Clock King Gets Crowned" (both 1966), Special Guest Villain: Walter Slezak, co-starring Eileen O'Neill, Michael Pate; cameo by Sammy Davis Junior

Route 66 (Season 1) - "A Fury Slinging Flame" (1960), guest stars: Leslie Nielsen, Fay Spain and Conrad Nagle

Rawhide (Season 5) - "Abilene" (1963), guest stars Audrey Totter, Ken Lynch and Bing Russell

Combat! (Season 1) - "Reunion" (1962), guest stars: Will Kuluva, Chris Robinson, Fifi D'Orsay

Hawaii Five-0 (season 4) - "Wednesday, Ladies Free" (1971), guest star: Monte Markham, Marie Windsor, Sheilah Wells and Soon-Tek Oh

Zane Grey Theatre (Season 1) - "A Time to Live" (1957), guest stars: Ralph Meeker, Julie London & John Larch

The Naked City (Season 1) - "Fallen Star" (1959), guest star: Robert Alda, Arnold Merritt and Rocky Graziano

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Last night I watched a classic line up from Friday, October 10, 1975
-CBS

-M*A*S*H--Hey Doc
A very funny episode with the highlight being Frank Burns out of control in a tank. It has been years since I saw this ep. and I was laughing nonstop.

-Hawaii Five O-- Death's Name Is Sam
A really good episode with guest star George Takei. I always love the "undercover" episodes. This is about as good as they get...I think.

-Barnaby Jones--The Price Of terror
A real creeper of a hitman(Marc Singer) is out of his mind. The showdown with the psychopath and Barnaby near the end makes the episode. Its funny, some of the cut episodes sit well with me. But a very few(this one in particular) feel very abrupt in the ending leaving me wanting more closure.
Still very enjoyable.

3 great episodes of classic TV with only one minor quibble.
Next week I'm going for a different Network, night, and year.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks