What's new

What did you think looked kiddie and ended up being cool? (1 Viewer)

JoeyBurdick

Auditioning
Jesse said:
Jak and Daxter looked like a kid's game, but actually turned out a little darker than I though. The sequel is supposed to be even more so.
Munch's Oddysee was like that for me ~ much darker than I expected. Really fun game. I-Ninja (ininjagame-dot-com)looks like it's going to be that way too ~ fun, humorous and clever, yet somewhat sadistic.

Brice

Stunt Coordinator
Diddy Kong Racing for the N64

that game pissed me off to no end... i think it had to with the fact that it looked like a kiddie game, but was much harder than it seems... Start, retry, *%#$, start, retry, %@#^@, start, retry.... soon, it becomes like it's a button combo that most people here know what I'm talking about... and with some, are probably quite good at it as well... :)

~Brice

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
Brice, it makes me angry just THINKING about that game (DDR)... :) miss that ONE coin by a hair's width on your way to the finish line... or watch your "kiddie" opponents slingshot ahead of you at the starting line, never to be seen again, as you race at full speed but never catch up... ugh... it made the "kiddie" voices all the more obnoxious! (though I know six-year-olds who finished it in a weekend... they're good at those persistant twitchy-action games)

Pokemon Puzzle League was pretty great, although we knew what to expect after Tetris Attack. I'm not at all into Pokemon but the game captivated me.

s

Oliver Kopp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Oliver
Super Mario World 2 - Yoshi`s Island looked really childish but turned out to be one of the best Jump 'n Runs ever. I ended up collecting every single coin in that game :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks