What's new

What Comic Strips do you read (online and newspaper)? (1 Viewer)

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, Red Meat is pretty much the only comic strip I ever read any more. (Although I am looking forward to reading the new Migraine Boy book.)

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Bumped to refect the redesign of my local paper which includes a all-color comic page. Yea! The ones still linked are strips they either don't carry or are on a different page of the paper in Black and White.

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith

As a huge Bloom County fan with numerous books and plush Opuses (Opui?) laying around, I am going to politely disagree. I read Opus when it first came out and didn't like it all. I will occassionally read it here and there to see if it is getting better and IMHO it hasn't. I can't really explain what it is missing (maybe it is all the different characters), but to me, it just doesn't have the charm of Bloom County.

-Keith

Brenda M

Stunt Coordinator
Funky Winkerbean
Crankshaft

and
Foxtrot
Better or Worse

online M-TH, then everything my paper carries Fri-Sun

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Very frustrating, the only two comics I really loved, Calvin and Hobbes (Full of imagination and was able to tap in so well to what is was like to be a kid) and The Far Side (Total absurdity and yet so true to the world at the same time) had to retire.

I remember that one college I applied to had an essay to write about my favorite comic strip. Naturally, I chose "Calvin and Hobbes" and wrote about how the power of the imagine of Calvin made it special (My only college essay that was virtually untouched by a writing tutor I had at the time). I remember my acceptance letter frpm the college had a personal, handwritten note on it that said "Loved your essay. "Calvin and Hobbes" is my favorite too."
I wonder if it still survives on my old Smith Corona

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
steve dallas just showed up again in Opus.
last week he was a fifty year old man hitting on a young woman.
that didnt work so he hit on an older woman.
i should take a pic and try to get it in here.

i'm surprised no one has mentioned,
http://www.pvponline.com/index.php3

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Dilbert
Garfield
Peanuts
Penny Arcade
PvP
Cox & Forkum (more of a political cartoon than a comic strip, but it's good nonetheless)

matt bee

Stunt Coordinator
Some time back I discovered (Was it from this thread? I didn't go back through and check.) Dork Tower I friggin love this strip! If you have any interest in sci fi, gaming, comics or anything else geeky you'll probably get a kick out of it. I think I'd put this one up there with Bloom County and Calvin and Hobbes as one of my favorites.

(On one hand I love the fact that they are full of references to games, comics, movies, etc. that most normal people wouldn't get, but then again it's a little sad that I'm such a geek that I get them. :b )

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
I just spent an entire afternoon reading CTRL-ALT-DEL thanks to this thread. :laugh:

I don't read many offline these days. I love 9 Chickweed Lane, but generally only for the "Hallmarks of Felenity" moments. :) I still love Bloom County, Dilbert & The Far Side. (Family Circus needs to DIE.)

Online, I only read:

User-Friendly
PVP
CTRL-ALT-DEL (now!)

Plus there are others I occasionally visit... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks