What's new

What Choice Would You Make? (1 Viewer)

Jay Foster

Stunt Coordinator
The wife nixed the idea of building and infinite baffle. Something about my rudimentary carpentry skills.

She did say I can get whatever I want in the way of a sub. So, would you get 2 svs cylinders, the b2, or wait until the b4 comes back out? My ht is an enclosed garage about 22 feet by 35 feet. No large openings as I can shut the doors to the rest of the house.

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
Is there a budget involved? If not, I'd go with a PB12-Ultra/2 and call it a day. In a room that size, closed off to the rest of the house? Please....it'll kick your ass!

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Another potential option, since you're considering waiting on the b4 would be to wait and see what the replacement for the SS is going to be. I've always thought that was the best looking sub SVS made.

Jay Foster

Stunt Coordinator
Alan,

It is not an unlimited budget but I'm replacing all my gear due to it being lost in Hurricane Katrina. So I kind of get a chance to reward myself for going through the gymnastics that I have gone through over the last 6 months. It is not a problem on the B2 or B4 or twin cylinders as far as the budget goes.

Seth,

Is the SS the cylinder that they are not making right now?

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
Jay: Wow, sorry to hear you had to go through all that....

My advice to you would be to get the biggest SVS sub with an ultra driver (or driverS) in it. I'm not saying it'll outgun an IB, but I can assure you it'll pressurize that room. I was watching a film called Domino last night....not the best audio quality, but the bass was enough that my little PB-10 was hitting me with some pretty good bass waves. My room is 16x25 with 10' ceilings, so it's not like it's a tiny room.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, the SS is the wood cylinder that they made with the Ultra in it. That was always kind of my "dream" sub was to have two of those. I haven't heard for sure that they're going to remake something similar, but you might even call or emaail and ask them about that.

Of course, it shouldn't be much different performance-wise from the PB12-Ultra/2, so it's probably be worth it to just go ahead and get that so you don't have to wait for SVS to find a new supplier and/or redesign the subs.

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Jay,

Dual powered cylinders should have an advantage over the equivalent /2 box. That said, the PB12-Ultra/2 would be plenty in that room.

Seth, I'm with you -- the SS subs were my favorite.

-Robb

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
lol....just be sure to calibrate that thing or you may end up in the hospital, bro :emoji_thumbsup:

And for gosh sakes let us know how much ass it kicks when you get it all set up! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks