What's new

What cellphone/camera phone takes the best pictures? (1 Viewer)

Carlos_E

Stunt Coordinator
Hey everyone:

Just wondering which of the new cellphones that also have picture cameras take the best pictures?

I was at a baseball game yesterday. A friend of mine had one of these gizmos. I was impressed. It is so convenient. You don't have to remember to bring a camera with you since you always have the cell phone with you.

My understanding is that while these phone/cameras may be convenient, the quality is not great when you try to make that picture larger after downloading to a computer. The resolution is weak because of lack of megapixels?

So which phones take the highest quality pictures with the highest amount of megapizels?

Thank you.

Carlos

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
most phones right now aren't that great. The next gen of camera phones is starting this summer with one megapixel picture capabilities. I'd suggest you wait.

However, if you want one now, I really like my Samsung E715, the pic quality still isn't great but it is probably better than most and even comes with a small flash.
Hope this helps.

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Sharp's GX30 has a one megapixel camera, which is essentially state-of-the-art performance at this point, and there are more megapixel camera phones coming out soon.

In my opinion, if you really want to take decent pictures mobile phones are a bad choice. Ask your friend to send you some of the pictures he took, and you will see what I mean. Most are good for the novelty factor but no more.

Even the cheapest digital cameras have better image quality and more storage capacity than the best camera-phones, and you are paying a huge premium for the best cameraphones despite their poor image quality. Something to consider.

Adam

Users who are viewing this thread