What's new

What are your most wanted abandoned series? (1 Viewer)

Jamey K

Agent
Real Name
Jamey Karr
Hill Street Blues. I'm not spending a dime with FOX until all of HSB is out.

I'd even take a box set for however much they want to charge for it.

Just put it out.

BobSchneider

Second Unit

Yeah I feel that way about sony too with the abandonment of NYPD blue and in reality, studios help create more increased demand for bootleg dvd sets, because the wet the appetite for a show and then cut it off dvd sets, people naturally start looking for other outlets to complete there collections of shows, the bootleg sets or bit torrent, etc... become the only way to get series completion. :thumbsdown: If hollywood is serious bout stoping bootleg dvds, they need to get serious about series completion or figure out some online solution, (IE itunes like Itunes for tv series) because other wise there just fanning the flames of the bootleg industry with incomplete series sets and boot legging is a industry btw.

Jamey K

Agent
Real Name
Jamey Karr

Exactly. Fox could easily put the other seasons up where we could get and keep them. Amazon has season 3 of Hill Street Blues but you can't burn them off. It's easy to see how someone could start looking for bootlegs, but I thought Fox did a teriffic job on the HSB mastering. I loved having the box it came it. I want the Fox product.
I totally get that some series aren't going to sell through, but that is the reason for a box set. I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Available for only a year? Six weeks? An hour? Fine...just put the thing out. I bought the I Love Lucy box and I will buy a Hill Street Blues box.

I've indicated in another thread that as much as I want Newhart, I won't buy it until all seasons are available. It was hard for me to skip WKRP but I did it. I've taken a stand with HSB. I will not buy any more TV on DVD until the HSB issue is resolved.

I wanted Hill Street Blues more than any other TV/DVD ever.

BobSchneider

Second Unit

Yeah I can understand for me its NYPD Blue, Although I enjoyed Hill street blues too. Personally I be happy if they atleast finnish out the jimmy smiths years, but Id honest would collect them all just for dennis franz's work as tv's unlimate flauded hero andy scipowicz. Why the hell cant the movie companies created online data base to download content for a price thats burnable to dvd, heck I'd be happy with high quality divx files (sense may new dvd players can handle divx or xivd). Id be willing to pay 15.00 to 25.00 for a downloaded season and burn it to dvd myself. If studios did this the bootleg issue would mostly vanish , because most people would prefer to get the content legally and support quality shows , but with the RIAA/studio mogul nazis defending outmoded marketing methods and c%ck blocking any sensible use of new tech, it looks like it going to be a long time before things get better. In the mean time studios will loose hundreds millions of dollars of sales and are totally loose control over the copyright because the tech that bootleggers use will soon completely by pass them into extinction

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Just my two cents on the issue, but I've wondered if they (studios) would be able to make it a feasible project and stay within their budgets by trying out some TV/DVD releases exclusive to online stores. They would eliminate all "middleman" costs and there wouldn't be an issue with the local store's shelf space, etc. Not surprising, but I'd vote for this approach since I buy 99% of my DVD's online.

Just IMO, but if they went the "downloading" route, I'd have to play "tech catch-up" with my PC to enable me to use downloading/burning to DVD. That might be a good thing, though :) For some reason, I prefer to have a purchased TV/DVD set in my hands.

But if the future is online downloading/DIVx, then I'll do what's necessary to participate.

I'm also wanting more HSB as well.

FrosteyV

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richard Villafana
My Most Wanted

77 Sunset Strip
Hawaiian Eye
Surfside 6
Bourbon St. Beat
Thriller
Lawman
Richard Diamond, PI
Peter Gunn
The Invaders
The FBI
The Life and Times of Wyatt Earp
Ben Casey
Night Gallery
The Virginian
The Deputy
Cheyenne
Sugarfoot
Maverick

In order of preference:

Night Court: only 1 season and a "favorites?" the best of the series yet to come

SWAT: only 1 season left

TJ Hooker: need more

Adam-12: great show only 1 season released

King of the Hill: not a priority but would be nice

John*P

Second Unit
Adventures of Pete & Pete
Amazing Stories
Dharma & Greg
Diff'rent Strokes
Facts of Life
Gimme a Break!
Growing Pains
Malcolm in the Middle
Who's the Boss?

LCD22

Screenwriter
I would very much like to own the remaining episodes of "Oliver's Twist", but there appears to be no signs of further releases for this or any other Jamie Oliver series in Region 1 (which is a shame). Anyway, here's my post I started back in February on Shout! Factory's community forum:

http://www.shoutfactory.com/community/91/thread.aspx

The other would be "Everwood", but there's a likely chance if Warner does release the remaining seasons, it'll come with music replacements. To be honest, I'd rather pass and stick with my Season 1 set.

cranedj

Auditioning
Real Name
Dan Crane
I must be a little off....the first two series I thought of when I saw this thread were Mel Brooks' When Things Were Rotten and the parody talk show Night Stand.

Moros49

Auditioning
Real Name
Connor Moore
The Larry Sanders Show
NYPD Blue
St. Elsewhere
The Adventures of Pete and Pete

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks