What's new

What are your "Holy Grails?" (1 Viewer)

BrianRi

Stunt Coordinator
Originally Posted by Tim Tucker =

Too bad the information specifically states they're "not flame resistant". I was thinking they might have come in handy during one of my fights with Pyroman.

Statskeeper

Second Unit
Real Name
Maureen
Originally Posted by Gregbert

The Australian version of Are You Being Served?
I'll go along with that. There are rumors that all the episodes are lost, but I've also heard that the National Film Archives in Australia has copies.

Another Britcom I would buy would be "First of the Summer Wine", a prequil to "Last of the Summer Wine" set just before or at the beginning of World War II with many of the same characters in their youth.

mogwai70

Auditioning
Real Name
Terje
How the West Was Won (pilot and 1st mini series) has been released in Scandinavia (licensed by Warner). I purchased mine here: http://cdon.no/film/how_the_west_was_won-931716

It's a legitimate release, but the picture quality could be a lot better. Actually it look similar to the tv prints used when it last aired in Norway a few years ago. I remember that season 2 looked much better then.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Originally Posted by Statskeeper

I'll go along with that. There are rumors that all the episodes are lost, but I've also heard that the National Film Archives in Australia has copies.

Another Britcom I would buy would be "First of the Summer Wine", a prequil to "Last of the Summer Wine" set just before or at the beginning of World War II with many of the same characters in their youth.
I've never head that the episodes were lost. I've also never seen them--but never heard that they'd been lost. I wish they'd have included at least the pilot in the AYBS? boxed sets of years past.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
For studios to finish what they start, not cut corners, and re-issue stuff they screwed up the first time. That's "Holy Grail" enough for me.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Originally Posted by MatthewA

For studios to finish what they start, not cut corners, and re-issue stuff they screwed up the first time. That's "Holy Grail" enough for me.
I think that what you said ought to be "Holy Grail" enough for any collector.

carrington

Auditioning
Real Name
tim
the lives and times of grizzly adams
dan august
barnaby jones
angie
making a living
maverick
harry o
the magician
a man called sloane
flying high
hagen
ladies man
switch

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Now that the Donna Reed Show is coming out on what looks like a regular basis, that lops a lot off my grail list. Still hoping for:

It's About Time
Captain Nice
The rest of Green Acres

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
Originally Posted by LizH

Starman (ABC TV series)
Jennifer Slept Here
Those are two of mine as well. Also:

Tales of the Gold Monkey (region 1 release)
Gimme A Break (all seasons and/or complete series-don't let me down VEI)
Silver Spoons remaining seasons
The Phoenix (1982 short lived series)
Marco Polo (1982 mini-series)
Hard Time on Planet Earth (1989 short lived series)
In Search Of (with Leonard Nimoy)
Love Sidney (with Tony Randall)

My main "holy grail" is Starman.

Curtis F

Stunt Coordinator
A few days ago I posted that Max Headroom is the last unreleased show that I'm waiting for. Well, I can't say that I've actually been waiting for them, but two other shows I would definitely pick up are Swift Justice and Strange Luck. Both were short lived series in the mid nineties and would easily be released as complete series.

Joe Ming

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe
Like many of you, my list of TV series I'd pick up today if they were in stores include the '60s Batman and Green Hornet series.

Like some of you my list includes Maverick, Bret Maverick, Young Maverick, and Nichols, as well as Best of the West.

However, what I consider to be the holy grail of holy grails is not a series, but a single show, broadcast only once, on September 8, 1967. It's The Mystery of the Chinese Junk, an NBC pilot for a Hardy Boys series starring Tim Matheson and Rick Gates as the Hardys, with first role bit parts played by Teri Garr and Jan Michael Vincent. Now that's a holy grail!

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
However, what I consider to be the holy grail of holy grails is not a series, but a single show, broadcast only once, on September 8, 1967. It's The Mystery of the Chinese Junk, an NBC pilot for a Hardy Boys series starring Tim Matheson and Rick Gates as the Hardys, with first role bit parts played by Teri Garr and Jan Michael Vincent. Now that's a holy grail!

You're right Joe---that is rare and a TRUE holy grail.

As opposed to some of the others, that might already be out on VHS or more likely to be found than some one time showing. If you look at the first post on this thread, you'll notice that a a few of my grails were only shown once, and due to copyright and issues, probably will never be shown again, unless a fan has it recorded on some lost videotape somewhere. I hope you find your Mystery of the Chinese Junk. Good luck.

James

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
As we draw closer to Christmas I've been watching just a few Christmas-themed TV episodes and I'm reminded that I'd love to have DR. KILDARE out on dvd. That show had two of the best Christmas episodes of all time, IMHO. I'm having to watch them from some pretty beat up TNT/Turner South recordings, so seeing this show out on dvd in pristine condition would be a nice treat. The first of the two Christmas episodes ("Season to be Jolly") is especially well done!

Gary "dare to dream - this series is probably a major long shot for a dvd release" O.

LizH

Second Unit
Originally Posted by Tim Gregerson /forum/thread/294514/what-are-your-holy-grails/90#post_3629005

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks