What's new

What are your favorite SNES RPGs? (1 Viewer)

Steven_V

Stunt Coordinator
I love the Zelda series, but I consider them adventure games not RPGs. Here is my list:
5. Secret of Mana
4. Final Fantasy III
3. Super Mario RPG
2. Earthbound
1. Chrono Trigger
:D

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Technically, Zelda is not an RPG but rather the beginnings of adventure games. Zelda 2 was an RPG, but all the others were technically Adventure games.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Final Fantasy II

Final Fantasy III

Actraiser

Secret of Mana

The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past

Since RPG is a rather vague term even then, I'll still pick these games.

Andre F

Screenwriter
Morgan,

This is off topic but....I loved Zelda 2. In fact it's been my favorite of the series.

-Andre F

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I used to own the game (the only Zelda game I never owned was the SNES one, and the CD-i ones) and then we lost it.

Joe_C

Supporting Actor
This is off topic but....I loved Zelda 2. In fact it's been my favorite of the series.
Really?? Wow, I was not a fan. The game stank to high heaven. You don't fuck with a perfect game like the original Zelda. Miyamoto, who didn't have much to do with the atrocious sequel, admitted as much when he designed the magnificent Link to the Past which brought the game back to its, succesful, roots.

Andre F

Screenwriter
Joe_C ,

I know that Zelda 2 is often considered the worst of the series. For some reason when I got that cart I couldn't stop playing until it was done. Of course that's not to say the other versions of Zelda (especially A Link to the Past) were not better but I sat for days on end with Zelda 2 until I beat it.

-Andre F

Adil M

Supporting Actor
I owned all NES Zeldas. They were all great except for the ridiculous N64 version. It was designed for 3 yr olds, but a 3 yr old wouldn't like it.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Final Fantasy III(VI, whatever) was and still is the best RPG ever, anywhere! The story was amazing, the graphics still good today(I will take a sprite based RPG over these newfangled ones)and the gameplay never better. Chrono Trigger had the multiple endings and combo attacks going for it, but the story and music in FFIII puts it head and shoulders above the rest. But just BARELY above FFII

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks