What's new

What are you playing right now? (2 Viewers)

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I bought Bioshock years ago and am thinking of finally playing it now, and wondered what order should I go in?

The single player expansion for BioShock Infinite is apparently a prequel to this game, so perhaps instead of release order, should I acquire this one and do the DLC expansions first before moving on to the original game?

I realize that it doesn't really matter one way or another since 99% of the folks that have played through this series went in release order, but it might be a neat and unusual way to go through the series if it makes sense from a storyline perspective.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
There's an old game called EMPIRE by Mark Baldwin, updated for Windows and then more recently updated. I still think, pound for pound, it's the best computer game I've ever played. I've been playing it for 25 years and I never get tired of it. The only problem is that games can take a while; it can be a time sink, and I can only play it when I have a few days. But I do so enjoy it.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
LeoA - I'd play the games in release order. BioShock 1, BioShock 2, BioShock 2 DLC (if you have it; there's a single player piece you should play and a multiplayer piece that you should skip), BioShock Infinite, BioShock Infinite DLC. I haven't played any of the DLC, but from what I understand the value of the Infinite DLC comes from having played 1 (and maybe 2) first.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I'm playing Resident Evil Zero HD remaster for the PS4.

It is one of my favorite games in the series, and it looks beautiful. I'm skipping the "fake" widescreen, and also using the original control option. It may not be the strongest entry in the RE series(2 will always be the standout for me) but I have a strong nostalgic bond with this one, and it has some of the best atmosphere in the history of RE games.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I've never played a Resident Evil game. *Ducks Head*. I think I have most of the original ones from the PSone, they gave them away for free on the PS+ yonks ago. Is this new HD remaster a remake of one of those?

I'm still deep into Dragon Warrior 2. I've found my three companions, got a ship and am ready to sail the seas. I have no idea how far in I am. Seeing how I just got my companions, I'm hoping I'm halfway.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Resident Evil is the first. Available as an HD remaster. Resident Evil Zero is the prequel.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Russell G said:
I've never played a Resident Evil game. *Ducks Head*. I think I have most of the original ones from the PSone, they gave them away for free on the PS+ yonks ago. Is this new HD remaster a remake of one of those?

I'm still deep into Dragon Warrior 2. I've found my three companions, got a ship and am ready to sail the seas. I have no idea how far in I am. Seeing how I just got my companions, I'm hoping I'm halfway.
Russell, here is what Resident Evil Zero gameplay is like:

I believe Zero(from 2002) is the last "slow moving" zombie game in the RE series.

The classic Resident Evil Games are:

-RE1(1996)

-RE2(1998)

RE3:Nemesis(1999)

RE:Code VEronica(2000)

RE Zero(2002) -A prequel to RE1 as Tino mentioned-

RE4(2004)

How I rank them favorite to least favorite

1. RE2

2.RE:Zero

3. RE Code Veronica

4. RE1

5.RE3

6. RE4-A lot of people swear this is the best in the series. No doubt it plays the best, but for me it was too big a departure from slow zombies, to crazed humans. Also the story and level design(while great) were less creepy.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Thanks for the ups on the RE series. Maybe I'll play the PSone classics at some point. Guys, there's just too many games!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Finally got my thumb cast off and had some time to play! 90 minutes of Witcher III goodness. I managed to figure out enough of the controls that I didn't bother restarting from the beginning (I played it once in November before my injury).

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Been playing Arkham Knight for about a month. Really loving it, kind of surprised at how good it is. The season pass is on sale on PSN for $22 (for PS+ members) and I had a ton of Amazon credit, so I got a PSN $20 card, had like $3 in PSN credit already, and got the season pass. I had wanted to pick up the story DLC which came to about $18, so getting a bunch of costumes and challenge rooms for another $4 seemed like a good deal.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
It's pricing like that which has me (attempting) to hold off on buying any new games until I'm ready to play them!

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Sonic 3 and Knuckles on the Fusion emulator (have made it to Death Egg Zone; have also gotten all Chaos and Super Emeralds)

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I've been playing lots and lots of World of Warships for the past few weeks.

Other than finishing world 1 in New Super Mario Bros. 2 on my new 3DS XL and checking out a few old DS games on its larger screen, I haven't played anything else since getting hooked on this PC game.

Thinking of starting something new soon though. The Mass Effect trilogy still sits here unplayed past the opening hour of the original, I haven't even put my Skyrim disc into my disc drive yet after 3 years, I just got The Last of Us for Christmas, Bioshock is going on 6-7 years here waiting for its chance, Wind Waker HD is still in my backlog, etc.

The trouble is deciding what to play. :)

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
In my PS3 backlog, some not even opened yet: Assassin's Creed (I and II), Arkham City, CoD 4: MW, ES IV:Oblivion, FarCry (1-3+), GoW (all), GTA V, Infamous (1 and 2), Last of Us, Mass Effect Trilogy, MGS4, Portal 2, Red Dead Redemption.

You might well ask what the heck have I been playing? I'm just slow. I also decided after playing some PS4 stuff that "a good game is a good game, console/platform doesn't matter". Some of the stuff I've been playing came from other or older platforms originally, and sometimes they tweaked stuff a bit to use the more advanced or better technology, but *the game* didn't change, I either still liked it or still didn't, for the same reasons. So I decided to get a bunch more PS3 games while prices and availability are still generally good. I just asked the guys at the nearby Canadian equivalent of GameStop (both owned by the same company) what they liked and stocked up a bit from them (used) and amazon (new).

As for the BioShock 2 saga, I haven't spent hugely more time on it last week, but some. I really need to check that I haven't somehow got some higher difficulty etc. turned on by mistake. Lame excuse, I know. I really do find it much MUCH harder than the other BSs. I do have adequate weapons and resources now, but the enemies here are numerous and relentless and strong. [I read on some major gaming forum where some other old fart, a fair bit younger than me though, was complaining about how hard BS2 was even on "easy". Yeah, I'll blame age now. But really, except when it involves some prolonged or tricky controller gymnastics like some games do, I don't think age matters at all.]

I do have Journey on the go too, for when BS2 wears me out :) and I don't want to shut 'er down yet...talk about opposites in just about every possible way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks