What's new

What are you playing right now? (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Alan Wake. Finished the game. Interesting experience. Don't know what it was about. :) But good experience. I've started the first DLC that came with the game. Don't know if I really want to finish it, or buy my next game.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
HearthstoneEQ1Everquest LandmarkFinished Watchdogs and the free PS4 DLCPlayed a bit of GTA 5 online to get the 'Merica gear!Cookie Clicker still going strong too!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Lots of Borderlands.
Pinball FX2. Beat a few of my steam friends scores. If you'd like to have you score beaten by me then add me! lol
Dragon's Lair. So great playing this again. Used to just watch others play it. The animation is wonderful Don Bluth with a NIMH feel. NIMH is my favorite animated movie of all time.

Finally got to the first house in Slender the Arrival. Looked around in there, found the flashlight (darkness sure falls fast in that game!) but was called away just as the Slenderman was showing up. Damnit! I can't play this game without something coming up! Calling me away and stuff! grummm ble! ;)

Played a bit of Tex Murphy 1. Tex 2 wouldn't load. Played a little Ultima 1, 2 and 3. I'll be removing all of these from my PC in favor of the later games. I didn't play any of them when they came out so there's no nostalgia like I'd have for Commodore Vic/64/Amiga stuff. I know they are all considered classics but it just wasn't working. :(

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Aside from phone games (Eternity Warriors III continues to eat a ton of time) I've been playing Castle of Illusion on the PS3.

With the PS+ membership, they gave the title away in two versions. The first was a direct port of the Genesis original which I deemed unplayable due to lack of patience and it's incredibly shit control when it came to jumps. The other version is a remaster where they seem to be ripping off Little Big Planet with the narration, but the control is tight enough to be playable. Not LBP tight, but good enough. In fact, most of the time that I'm playing it I'm thinking "I should play LBP, I have both of them and not played either."

So far it's "fun", in that I'm playing it but it's not really driving me wild. I might dump it unfinished and start another game.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Gone Home. Finished it. Excellent "walking" and "exploring" simulator that tells a story along the way. it gets seriously spooky at times. Best to wait on a sale ($3) and get it then. It takes a 2 or 3 hours to play through even when you're slow like me. Worth it. Some people were disappointed by the story, but I was okay with it. Just expect the unexpected. I'm hoping this company will do another that takes better advantage of the amazing atmosphere they create.

Loads of Borderlands. I hate the respawning with a passion but the game is just too fun to not play it out.

Dungeon Siege 1. I got the set with all 3 games. Wasn't sure if I'd want to play this through again... well, I played it a lot before but never finished. It still feels like I"m walking place to place, killing stuff, then walking to more places. Somehow this is still fun as hell! I'll get tired of it again eventually and move on to DS2 which I'd only played the demo of. Great deal for $5.

Pinball FX2. Trying to beat all my steam friends scores still. Anyone not too chicken can add me to their friends and then stand BACK! lol

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well, I've been playing "Animal Crossing: A New Leaf" for the 3DS. I decided to try it because I had read quite a few positive remarks about the series. I have to admit that I'm not quite sure why it so popular among kids. To me, it's a real grinder game. It seems to take a hell of a long time to accumulate the funds to do any sort of public works projects.

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
Almost done with the first "Bioshock" (at least I THINK I'm almost done). I got it at the recent Steam Sale for about $5. I never played it when it came out because of the whole "rootkit" debacle, but downloading it on Steam took that fear away. What a great game,mostly because of the atmosphere. The art-deco look makes for a very different experience than all the futuristic dystopias, war zones, and trips to Hell we've come to associate and expect from the FPS genre. I played about half of "Bioshock Infinite" last year, and although I enjoy that game, too, for some reason, I never went back to it (I will, though, after I finish the original and its sequel).

boombox

Auditioning
Real Name
Hector
Bioshock I wish I could play it seems cool. But I cannot stand 1st person view.
I get annoyed but it after half an hour or so ...Am I the only one? :rolleyes:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
^^^I sometimes get motion sickness but I forge on!

I wish I could finally finish BS1. I might be close...

Dungeon Siege is about all I'm playing currently. A little pinball FX2. All those new ones I bought too, just sitting there... I've probably picked up 3 bundles this week. lol

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
I know I'm a one-note pony compared to you guys, but I recently started the LEGO Marvel game and I must say - the world in that game is incredible. The size and scope is comparable to Assassin's Creed!!! I am enjoying just flying around the city, commandeering cars, doing side missions and smashing everything for studs. Have only done a few main missions, so still early on, but as a completionist, I can tell I have my work cut out for me.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Call of Duty Ghost Recon - Extinction mode. I can never complete the last part. Well I did see the ending but three out of four of us were just viewing as only one completed.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'll tell you what I'm not playing: Civ Rev 2!I was excited to hear a sequel was coming, even if only for iPad. But reviews agree: it's Civ Rev with new graphics. And $15. Pfah. What a disappointment.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Dungeon Siege. Finally made it to that first town, the one with the windmill. And that was nice and different for a bit. But then you forge ahead to Chapter 2 and ... walking, killing groups of baddies, then more walking... oh my... looking forward to another dungeon though. I think it shines during those times. I have yet to see spiders, and I LOVE me some spiders in these kinds of games. I think Messiah of Might & Magic had the best spiders I've seen so far. Skyrims are amazing looking, but in Messiah they climbed up and down walks... I don't believe they lowered themselves down using web. Limbo was very very cool. That I've seen, nobody has gotten spiders completely right within a video game, not including cut screens, but actually gameplay cenes. Real spiders do more than just creep along the ground. I think one day we'll have a game that truly embraces the creepiness of spiders and knocks it out of the park. Maybe Elder Scrolls 6!

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
Finished Bioshock and immediately installed Bioshock 2. Another great-looking game for sure, but I had to re-map some keybindings they inexplicably changed from the first game. Like it so far, but hate that it seems like I have to play the entire game in that "Big Brother" suit.

Northgun

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacob
My wife, cousin, brother and best friend have all been playing on a minecraft server with ftb direwolf20 installed on it. It has been a ton of fun. Never would i have dreamed that id b into a game like this but its quickly becoming the game i put more time into than any other game. Its been a blast

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks