What's new

What are you playing right now? (1 Viewer)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Northgun said:
What is pokemon ccg?
CCG means "Collectable Card Game". so it's a physical card game version like Magic the Gathering as opposed to a video game RPG.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
My kids are absolutely hooked on "Don't Starve" on the PS4. It is -insane-. I've played several times. In the end, you will starve and die (a lot) but then you seem to resurrect, re-enter, and you can find your corpse and all it's stuff. It's ... unusual. Wildly entertaining.

Meanwhile, I've been spending some time with XBOX Fitness on the XBOX1. Very slick stuff there.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Heard about "Don't Starve" on the corporate social network. Sounded inexplicably interesting. Work and family prevented any Alan Wake this week. Probably time to delete Infinity Blade and start the next iPad game.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
^^^ If it's Halflife 3 I'm tellin... :P

Alice Madness Returns. A game that should be easier to deal with w/ a 360 pad but keyboard/mouse is easier for me. I'm stuck on one part now... spider looking teapots and these baby doll faced things knocking me all over the place. terrific creatures populate this. This should be the movie instead of Burton's thing.

Bioshock 1. good to be moving forward in this game.

Reus. Messing around with this little God game. It's pretty good, relaxing. But reminds me of other games I'd rather be playing, like Black & White or Populous. I wish they'd do a new Populous game like Pop2 but with today's looks.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Radioman970 said:
Alice Madness Returns. A game that should be easier to deal with w/ a 360 pad but keyboard/mouse is easier for me. I'm stuck on one part now... spider looking teapots and these baby doll faced things knocking me all over the place. terrific creatures populate this. This should be the movie instead of Burton's thing.
Actually, Burton's movie was all that was left after Disney finished mainstreaming a limbo'ed Dimension/Wes Craven version of American McGee's earlier "Alice" game, right down to the teenaged Alice, the toothy critters and stepping-stone heads.
(Who else could have invented the now annoying urban-legend mistake of calling the Queen of Hearts "the Red Queen"? Yep, that started from the game, look it up.)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Ejanss said:
Actually, Burton's movie was all that was left after Disney finished mainstreaming a limbo'ed Dimension/Wes Craven version of American McGee's earlier "Alice" game, right down to the teenaged Alice, the toothy critters and stepping-stone heads.
(Who else could have invented the now annoying urban-legend mistake of calling the Queen of Hearts "the Red Queen"? Yep, that started from the game, look it up.)
I remembered something about a movie from the first game but I didn't know all those specifics. Damn shame...

Terry Gilliam would have killed that project. I think it would have been great and he would have went all out to make up for Brothers Grimm. :) Those baby doll faced things remind me of Brazil. Jim Henson could have nailed it too. Burton's is a fun film but not great.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Radioman970 said:
Terry Gilliam would have killed that project. [Alice in Wonderland]
I remembered later that Gilliam already did Alice with Tideland. Really liked that weird movie. Still, I think Gilliam could have done a closer adaptation with ease. I'd love to see that.

Northgun

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacob
Just picked the original slenderman back up to give my friends a good scare. We played it in my home theater at night with a low red glow coming from my ambient lighting. I have them play while sitting on the furniture with the Buttkicker LFEs running. One my friends actually screamed the first time the Buttkickers shook the furniture and slender hadn't even showed up yet lol. I've gotta admit though, when I first played the game a little over a year ago with this setup, the game got me pretty good.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Alan Wake, episode 2 complete. Started episode 3. This is a nice creepy game, with an intriguingly incomprehensible story (so far, but the clues are starting to come together).But I'm playing during the day. I haven't had a chance to play at night with the lights out. So it's not completely freaking me out :)

CJProfit

Auditioning
Real Name
Felipe
You should definitely play it at night and a nice pair of headphones if you have some available to you. It's fantastic if you really let yourself get immersed in the surroundings. The story is a bit odd at times, but it certainly gets better over time.

I've recently just gotten into playing my PS4 for the first time since I beat The Last of Us and picked up the Killzone games. Just started the 2nd one up today and holy hell, the graphics for this game are insane for it being 5 years old.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Thief Gold. This has held up so well... maybe not graphically, but it's just darn fun to play as it always was. I tried to get the graphic enhancement mods to work but it doesn't seem to effect anything. Will probably reinstall the game and give it another go. Hard to stop playing long enough to do that.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Sam Posten said:
Tomb Raiderer and Injustice on PS4
Did you play the PS3 version of Tomb Raider and re-purchase the upgrade or did you just buy the PS4 version? Wondering if it is worth the purchase to see if the graphics boost is worth it?

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
DaveF said:
It's a lot of story with a little game playing. If you like Bioshock Infinite, try Alan Wake. If not, stay away :)
Turns out that I DID buy the Alan Wake games during the sale! Installed yesterday and just played up to "The Lighthouse" at the beginning. I'm actually hoping for even LESS gameplay and MORE story! :)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I got the HD mod to work on Thief Gold. It installed it in the Thief_Gold folder in a new folder called thief_gold. Oops. I moved everything where it's supposed to go and now...llooks great! Worth a revisit for anyone. It's all I've been playing lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks