What's new

What are you playing right now? (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
My parents sent Disney Infinity for my kid. It was kind of underwhelming at first, but quickly grew on us. We started with the Toy Box mode, but it has very little direction and there are a million things to do in it, so it's going to require some further experimentation to really figure out. I'm hoping that it's possible to download other people's creations, a la Little Big Planet, but haven't investigated that yet.

Thursday night, Toys R Us had an unadvertised buy 1 get 1 free sale on the Infinity characters, and I grabbed a few so we could play co-op (characters can only be used in Toy Box or in the "Playset" they match -- no Jack Sparrow in the Incredibles set, for example -- so you can't play co-op missions until you buy more figures). We fired up Monsters U around 10 Friday morning and suddenly it was almost 2pm. If company hadn't showed up. . .

If you've played Toy Story 3, it's basically similar to that, although the Infinity Playset missions are more GTA-like than the platforming levels in TS3, and the Toy Box mode is much more open-ended.

I got him Skylanders Swap Force, but we probably won't get to that until the weekend. Note: Not all the Swap Force characters can swap!

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
AC4 is very addictive. My weekend is Tuesday and Wednesday and will likely be spent in front of the projector. Curse you Ubisoft, curse you. :blink:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I got FC3 as well. Plus Blood Dragon. I'll be playing FC2 a little more since I'm still at 20%... ^_^
Crysis 3 w/ the addon
Risen 2 bundle
All from amazon

I got some smaller things from steam. Brutal Legend for $1.99 was prob the highlight. Was hoping for Dragon's Lair 1&2 and Space ace for $5 each. I guess that will come in time.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I'm going back through Dishonored. I've finished it n PS3, but I bought in the steam sale with all the DLC, and I'm busy playing it in 4K on my Home Theater.. I have to say, seeing it projected at 120" is insane. First time I've attempted this, but after playing around with the PS4 in my theater, I thought I'd see what it'd be like... and it is... awesome.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Minecraft? I know we've been together for a little while... we've had some wonderful times... some laughs, some tears... but I think it's time that I played other games. please... remove the hooks please. please... pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssss...... :wacko:

Venomn

Agent
Real Name
Christopher Krug
I continually play Black Ops II in online multiplayer matches.l.i simply love it-i have about 30 games and i basically still play my COD games..trying to sell my other ps 3 games,lol

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Clash in the Clouds (Bioshock Infinite DLC). It's mediocre but enjoyable for the moment (certainly no Unreal Tournament. But I haven't played multiplayer death match since grad school.)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
My sister sent us the Toy Story set for Infinity and we tried it over the weekend. It was a nice callback to Toy Story 3, which is still one of the greatest games ever made. The graphics seemed slightly less detailed than I was expecting, though.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Radioman970 said:
Minecraft? I know we've been together for a little while... we've had some wonderful times... some laughs, some tears... but I think it's time that I played other games. please... remove the hooks please. please... pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssss...... :wacko:
sorry but....perfect games can't be bargained with, they can't be reasoned with, they don't feel pity or remorse, and they absolutely will not stop EVER until you are dead ahem I mean having fun playing them!
Sorry had to channel my Kyle Reese from The Terminator :)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Bryan, I don't want to be in your section of the support group. :p

I know how they give you lesser bad drugs to get you off the really bad ones... I'm trying to find something in that area. I might just buy some actual Legos for myself for Chistmas!!

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I've been avoiding Minecraft mainly due to playing on the PS3 instead of on a PC. All that changes tomorrow when it gets released on the PSN. I can't tell if all the talk is an endorsement or a cautionary tale!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
If you have a strong desire for adventure and exploration...avoid MC, it will funk with your clock! I played it for 6 straight hours once without realizing I was doing it. Drugs do that, make the hands on the clock funk around.

I just bought the Train Simulator 2014 Holiday Express! Toy trains around the christmas tree! That'll whip MC out of my brain, I just know it!

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
I've played a fair amount of Far Cry 3. The game mechanics are just like Rage or maybe Rage is like Far Cry (I haven't played FC 1 or 2) and so is the game style. Kill stuff, loot bodies and certain crates for money and junk to sell to buy weapons and upgrades, collect plants to craft helpful recipes, and hunt animals for skins to craft bigger packs. While the world is "open", it is still a linear game with side missions being a repeat of 1) kill some endangered species to increase carrying capacity or 2) stick a knife in a local thug or 3) drive like a maniac to get medical supplies from point A to point B. Nothing you do in the world affects any of the missions and there are no choices in interactions. It's fun but has now gotten kind of dull halfway through the second play through.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Radioman970 said:
Bryan, I don't want to be in your section of the support group. :P

I know how they give you lesser bad drugs to get you off the really bad ones... I'm trying to find something in that area. I might just buy some actual Legos for myself for Chistmas!!
It's not pretty. I once got sucked into Minecraft for a 2 week binge. It was work, and minecraft only. I am exclusively in creative mode now(peaceful) and I found it much more liberating than the other modes. I created not only an entire Castle, and kingdom, but also small villages that neighbor it. I had a blast, but I am taking some time off for a while....thank goodness :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks