What's new

What are you playing right now? (2 Viewers)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
@ Russell. lol I don't have the DLC yet. But that sounds Barbie-tastic! Still breaking from Skyrim..temporarily, since I've been dragging Lydia around, which is endless fun, and just got our first dog, which was awesome. . got the Just Cause 2 itch and scratched it. (in fact, will be loading up just after posting!) Seems like JC3 is in the making. VERY happy about that. The couple of released screen shots make it look like a WW1 or WW2 setting. Seriously hoping for WW1 with bi-planes, early vintage cars, motorcycles, tanks, etc. That would be a blast. Nobody does WW1 games. Was hoping the Battlefield games would go in that direction, but it did the opposite. A bit of Red Faction Guerrilla too. Sound problems (everything is full blast no matter how I adjust) but still nearly up there with JC2. Stuff blows up good... reeeeal good!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Minecraft. My arms hurt. The game gives me a pulled muscle sensation in my arms. But who cares... it's like heroin, you just keep doing it in spite of all the pain it causes to your body and your family. :p

Ace of Spades. Muddled over buying this since steam's free weekend.. I've decided it's a horribly underrated gem. I know... the original shootandbuild was different! So what! That doesn't make this a zero game like 70% of internet posters have stated. No no no! To the "zeros" I say "since it's still avail, Play the original and smile while you do it. I'll take this one. And highly recommend it. "

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Kind of nice. I just bought Borderlands 2 and it's going to take less than 10 minutes to download it. Hurray FIOS! Also, I got it for only $16.32 at Green Man Gaming, so that's super nice!

Edit: sad face. :( It took 14 minutes. :D

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Natural Selection 2 freebie steam weekend. Chewing on annoying space marines and putting the phooey on their electrical grid... ! whoo hoo! Too fun! But for $12.50 I can wait a little longer to buy it.

Also continuing to do plenty of heroin. (heroin = Minecraft) It's been killing my desire to play Ace of Spades at the moment. :( drugs suck!

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
I got Borderlands 2 for PS3 for Christmas, and I'm too inept to even get past the tutorial stage! I may need to trade that with someone. Diablo 3 was another Christmas gift, and it gets too hard too quick for my liking. I MUCH prefer Torchlight 2...much more fun, hilarious monster "deaths," and you can zoom in on the action. I played a lot of Sacred 2 when Steam had it for $10. Just downloaded the tile-matching "dungeon crawl" 10,000,000, but it's no Puzzle Quest.

I had high hopes for Sim City, since I loved all its previous incarnations, but the myriad problems players have with the game keeps it off my radar. I got Cities XL Platinum on sale to sate my city-building love, but it crashes a lot, which takes away the fun-factor. It's a great looking game...

Looking forward to getting Tomb Raider (it's supposed to feel similar to the Uncharted games, and I LOVE those) and Bioshock Infinite...

I need to get back to Skyrim...still haven't tackled the main quest, but I'm enjoying a few third-party quests...and need to get Dragonborn soon...

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
Borderlands 2 is hard compared to B1 and I cannot imagine trying to use a game console controller on top of that. PC all the way! :) Then on the second pass it gets much much harder for solo play.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Tomb Raider does look pretty good. Just hope there's not cinematics all over the place. gameplay clips look like that... sadly, I have yet to complete a single TR game even though I have nearly all of them.

Tragedy in my life yesterday. :( I had just built 2 huge mountaintop towers with torches pointing the way back to my Minecraft farm/mining operation (was going to do towers on all sides) but I got blowed up by one of those exploding penises right next to my huge chicken pen (more fried chicks than a KFC, I'm sure. :( ), and was sent back to the bedroom of my old crappy dirt house I first built in my Minecraft world. I'd gotten lost before, and just settled in a terrific area I was LIKING! :angry: I did leave some stuff behind in that old place so I packed it up, with suffient tools/weapons and proceeded to get killed AGAIN! ...anger follows, I set off with nothing and ended up on a deserted island with a few wooden weapons/tools hiding out in a cold narrow enclosure. It's rough, I tell ya, ROUGH! Cooling off now, I'm going to head in a direction I think might be it (riiiight!) and after that I'll find another place to settle and start over. I'll eventually find the place I was enjoying since I never really traveled THAT far away from the old place, and I left markers all over. I should have followed those. if I get taken out again I'll fix up that old dirt place into a palace and continue from there. It'll just be a fun thing to attempt, finding that other place. ... Minecraft is crazy. My arms were hurting badly this morning. I need to talk to my doc about that. My body is rejecting the Minecraft world. But like a really good illegal wreck-your-life drug, I continuing doing it! :wub:

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Tomb Raider is freakin amazing! I've been playing Video Games since pong, and this definitely ranks up there as one of the best. If you love Uncharted then definitely pick this one up. I think it's better than uncharted.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I played the intro, got past the Fireman. I like it. It's a tough comparison, because the original is brilliant. Stylistically, it's a neat change from enclosed underwater to wide open sky. And thematically it moves from mocking Ayn-Randian, atheistic individualism to now taking on organized religion and (it seems) nationalism.

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
I picked up Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider on Saturday, thanks to some gift cards I got for Christmas. I played Bioshock for a few hours yesterday, and I'm impressed, to say the least. It maked me want to go back and play the first game, which I never really got around to playing for more than an hour. More coments in the Bioshock Infinite thread...

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Nice new farm and house now in MC. Trying to get chickens going. I led 1 from far away, but having trouble making eggs hatch chicks. So i still have 1 but a lot of broken eggs. :(

Venturing across the land on all 4 sides and leaving torches. Hoping to find the starting area so I can find my way back should I die. Really amazing to last as long as I have been. Really is a lot of the challenge when you leave the spawn area and live somewhere else.

Hoping to find some diamond. I let water into an underground lava area. Hoping to get there and dig around for some.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm still playing Skyrim BECAUSE IT NEVER ENDS! Well, it kind of does, I just finished up Dawnguard for the most part. Just have to clear a couple of radiant quests. Looks like a new patch is eminent on the consoles so I'm going to wait for that before starting Dragon Born and building my last house in order to pop a trophy.

Anyway, Dawnguard was a bit of fun, but also a bit "That's it?" at the end as it seems to ramp up and end pretty quick.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Good to hear that Tomb Raider is, in fact, Unchartedesque. Although I still have yet to play Uncharted 3. :) Or Bioshock 2, for that matter.

There was a great post on The American Conservative (a very good site for moderate/ intellectual conservative political articles) the other day, mocking right-wing bloggers who are up in arms over Bioshock Infinite's storyline. I won't get into it here, for obvious reasons, but if that sort of thing entertains you, it's worth checking out. :)

As for what I'm playing. . .I recently started playing Marvel: Ultimate Alliance with my son, but after a few sessions our save file got corrupted and it refused to let us save at all. :( I have to check to see if it's just something with the game or if my HD is actually messed up. Sigh. . .

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
I am perhaps the biggest Uncharted fan I know - so I LOVED Tomb Raider. Finished it a week and a half back or so. Once of my top games of the past few years for sure.

About 30-35% into Bioshock right now, and i'm enjoying it. After that I'm playing a hidden gem called Binary Domain.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I haven't finished Bioshock 1. I think I'm close, been playing for years. I have BS2 onhand... looking forward to it. Maybe when this new one is $10 I'll be done with those!

Still... Minecraft. I have a temporary real world house guest (little dog handed to me by a lady in the park, she was desperate afraid of being thrown out of her apartment for having the dog and had nobody who wanted her, what could I do.. it's an awesome well kept mini-pin, just sits there watching me and figuring me out! Luckily, I already have her a good home, my ma wants her... she'll love this dog) it cut into my Minecraft time yesterday. So need to make up for that today. I hope my arms last. I was far far away from my nicely built up place. Amazing, the excitement of just traveling away and risking getting lost again. Of course, Hansel & Gretal were amateurs compared to me... breadcrumbs? Ha! Torches everywhere point the way back. Also, little stayover cabins all over the place with workbenches and furnaces, plus storage boxes. But the terrain is crazy varied along the way. Really hoping they do a Minecraft 2 with even more zaniness. More humanoid types, and dangerous daytime creatures too. MC has become one of my most fav games. I also want to fire up Terrania since I remember it being similar but with more structure, which is good.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I really have to look into this Minecraft stuff. I thought it was just building things, there's actual adventure and getting killed? Are you raided by online players?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks