What's new

What are you listening to right now? (2 Viewers)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
U2 Songs Of Innocence .m4a file

738aa476 (1).jpg

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Peter Gabriel Back to Front Live in London. I'm pretty familiar with this tour as I have all the North American dates on CD.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I managed the entire Batman: Assault on Arkham score yesterday. It's one I my faves from the DC animated movies: upbeat, almost electric and certainly unique.Sent from my iPhone using HTF

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The David Rawlings Machine was recently in town. At one time I would have jumped at going, as dark and moody Americana / neo-folk had a special draw. These days I listen to a lot more pop and electronic influenced music.

I recently got caught up with the prolific (and endearingly quirky) Sia. I'd seen a lot of headlines around when her "Chandelier" video came out, and I only recently watched that and was suitably impressed. I'm really enjoying her 1000 Forms of Fear album.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Kammersymphonie (op. 9) and Kammersymphonie (op. 38) (A. Schoenberg).

Next up: Serenade (op. 24) (A. Schoenberg).

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Laura98 said:
I am listening " I knew you were trouble" by Taylor Swift,...
I love the album Red. My daughters have picked up 1989 and are enjoying it quite a lot.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Funny I have both, and for me, she seems to alternate between good and not-so-good songs. Her albums are very schizophrenic in sound. Not true albums in the sense of how they were arranged up through the 90s (having a somewhat coherent and cohesive sound and structure). She literally just throws everything together in any order on both albums. For my tastes, it's almost a direct correlation: the amount of real instruments involved in the song is directly proportional to how much I like it.

Both are long albums (at least the deluxe editions are, almost 70 minutes) and for me, if you separated the songs with real instrumentation, there is enough material for two really good 40 minute albums (which is a reasonable running time for a solid from-beginning-to-end album).

As to what I'm listening to now? Led Zeppelin IV (or ZOSO, or Untitled) Deluxe Edition vinyl. Houses of the Holy is on back order but hopefully will arrive in a week!

BTW I wonder if this is the first time Taylor Swift and Led Zeppelin have ever been mentioned in the same post on HTF (or any forum!). :rolling-smiley:

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I've been listening to Marco Beltrami's score for The Thing prequel (in prep for my viewing tonight,) as well as Ennio Morricone's score for the 1982 The Thing, and the re-recording of that score (produced by Alan Howarth,) released by Buysoundtrax a year to two ago. Good, good stuff.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Carlo Medina said:
BTW I wonder if this is the first time Taylor Swift and Led Zeppelin have ever been mentioned in the same post on HTF (or any forum!). :rolling-smiley:
Carlo,Possibly. I often mention musics from several eras on another Board. It's quite common for me to mention (e.g.) Bach, a pop-rock or jazz artist or two, and various musicological / music theoretical elements in one and the same post.

Speaking of Swift, just the other day I told my daughters that her recording of "All Too Well" uses two compelling (due to the context) blues notes near the conclusion of that song, and how I wished she had used them more often. I've explained the imaginative recording of Bonham's drumming in "When the Levee Breaks" and have compared and discussed the unusual time signatures used in "The Ocean" and in Rush's "Cygnus X-1" with them as well. I love to write about and discuss what I am able to glean from many different musical genres and works upon repeated hearings.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Let us know how the vinyl is! I got the "Miles Davis in Mono" version of Kind Of Blue last year (on CD), but I've never had a vinyl copy of the album. Kinda seems like I should!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks