What's new

What are you listening to right now? (3 Viewers)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Haha every time I get crap for listening to Taylor I'm going to point them to this thread! Seriously I normally do not listen to her kind of music at all but this album is actually pretty good, if somewhat schizophrenic. It's like they tried to cram all of her poppy teenage songs and her serious songs into one album in a haphazard manner.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I went through my enormous music collection and picked out all of the hardest hitting bass tracks =) I've gotten up to the Q artists, about 3/4 through. Took me quite a bit of time. Will post a link to the list when done if anyone cares.

PatW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Patricia
Ockeghem said:
Pat, We just gave that album to one of our daughters as a gift, which she loved. I also like it very much. :)
I bought it for one song, the last song on the CD. I find myself doing that a lot. I should just download it but I need the physical thing in my hand. I'm listening right now to the soundtrack from The Wrath of Khan. I like James Horner but so much of his music is repetitive.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Promised from last week, my 600+ track Bass Buster / Subwoofer Test using songs from over the last 60 years: In Case of Emergency, Break Bass. http://navesink.net/public_html/ICOE-BreakBass.pdf If you have suggested additions let me know!

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
For soundtrack enthusiasts, vote in HTFs poll for a chance to win whatever score takes home the golden statue next Sunday. http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/327813/contest-vote-in-the-poll-win-a-copy-of-this-years-best-score-winner

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I loaded up my 5-disc changer with Gin Wigmore's Holy Smoke, Sixto Rodriguez's Cold Fact, The Clarke/Duke Project, Black Joe Louis & the Honeybears' Scandalous, and the Rezillos' Can't Stand The Rezillos: The (Almost) complete Rezillos and played Jr. Pacman and finished the lot....and a few Minidiscs to boot, my 500,000+ point game was so long. I've listened to Rodriguez repeatedly lately. I like Cold Fact much more than his second album....The Rezillos were wearing thin towards the end. They're better in smaller doses. You listen to them too much and you feel like you got your face kicked in....... :D

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Johnny Marr - The Messenger Honestly, this is simply the best rock and roll record I've heard in years. It's a 10. Go enjoy! The Mavericks - In Time WOW. Another 10. Why so long guys? Welcome back. Only February, but I'm predicting both these albums will top plenty of 2013 album of the year lists.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I got Boz Scaggs' Memphis CD and listened to it twice in a row....It would be a terrific R & B record even if he wasn't an AARP rocker.... ;) I'm ready to hear it yet again.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I'm in a Jazz mood... http://www.amazon.com/Outbound-Bela-Fleck/dp/B00004VW9O/ref=sr_1_cc_2?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1362853167&sr=1-2-catcorr&keywords=bela+outbound

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Sam, Nice! I listened to quite a bit of jazz over the weekend (Jelly Roll Morton, Cannonball Adderley, Miles Davis, Thelonious Monk, et al.). I was working my way through my Smithsonian Collection as well as some other collections I own.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks