What's new

What are the chances of a rerelease of Die Hard into the theater? (1 Viewer)

Jonathan_

Second Unit
My reason for asking is next year is Die Hard's 15th anniversary. I was too young to see it when it first came out in theaters. Over the years it has become my favorite movie. And no matter how many times I watch on my 55" WS, it just doesn't compare to seeing it on the big screen. Thanks for your time.

Eric Thrall

Stunt Coordinator
I'd guess pretty low, at least for now. Movies about terrorists blowing up buildings is not something they're going to want to touch for a while. Maybe in a couple of years they'd think about it.

Wes C

Supporting Actor
Nearly impossible!

Each one could reflect someway about 9-11. Alot people still dont like seeing that stuff.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Well, I don't know about the 9-11 issues. "Die Hard" was one of the most requested/rented titles in the immediate aftermath of the attack. The public at-large is not as sensitive to these things as many people seem to think.

But after years on video, and two releases on DVD, I don't think it's coming back to theaters.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Actually, I'd think the 9-11 thing would be almost irrelevent. It's just a recent movie, readily available to watch at home, that would be released largely unchanged. Even for something as spectacular as Die Hard is, it'll be tough to convince people to pay to see something they already have on tape/disc.

Admittedly, Fox wouldn't have to invest much, so it would be a good risk for them, but how many theaters are going to program it?

Eric Thrall

Stunt Coordinator
Considering how disappointing most recent movie re-releases have been, it's unlikely they'd re-release one that would be likely to generate protests. I don't know if people would go to see it or not (I would), but it would be bad publicity for them. That's where 9-11 comes into play - even if they want to re-release more movies (and they probably don't), they'd make a safer pick than this right now.

Jonathan_

Second Unit
Thanks for all the feedback. I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed, but try not to get my hopes up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks