What's new

What Are Tenor, Alto, Soprano, etc. In Terms Of Frequency Response? (1 Viewer)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
What Are Tenor, Alto, Soprano, etc. In Terms Of Frequency Response?? Just curious.

Arnel

Agent
I think that Soprano, Alto, Tenor and Bass uses the same ranges of notes but their tonal characteristics had given them distinct assignment in the musical scale. Generally, Soprano and Alto parts were given to ladies, Soprano taking the higher notes. Tenor and Bass parts were given to men, tenor taking the higher notes. Though there were overlaps in their voice ranges we could still map them like these: Soprano for the highest frequency voice spectrum, Alto taking the high-mid, Tenor taking the lower-mid and Bass for the lowest frequency voice spectrum. This is how I understand this but others may give some more light.

Arnel

Agent
Ellen, that was very interesting. I can't belive that harp covers a very wide range of frequencies and can even surpass a bass string for lower notes. Again, thanks.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
What amazes me is that the fundamental frequncies of all those instruments are not even reproduced by my tweeters, which only work above 2500 hz! Thank goodness for the harmonics and overtones or we'd be listening to speakers with a midrange and woofer only :)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
What's nice about tweeters is American Beauty. That's right... the movie American Beauty. Notice during the scenes with the video camera, you can hear that whiny 15,750 Hz hum from the TV and camera. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks