What's new

What annoys you? (1 Viewer)

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Dr Griffin said:
Back then, all the techs worked for the studio. You got your credit in a paycheck and when the studio logo came onscreen. :)
Are you saying, for instance, that the technical people who worked on a Columbia film in the time of its Sunburst/Abstract Torch logo of the 70s and early-80s were paid and credited when that logo showed up at the top of the film to identify Columbia?

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
USB interfaces. I try to insert my data stick. It doesn't fit. I turn it over and try the other way. It doesn't fit. I turn it back over and try to insert it the original way I first tried it.

It fits. Sometimes.

Whoever designed the USB interface should immediately face the following punitive action: every device in their home(s) that requires some sort of physical interface (their juicer, their cell phone charger, etc.) should be made persistently hard to connect and annoyingly inconvenient for a period of no less than ten years.

I consider this light punishment for the inconvenience they perpetrated on us.

There were a hundred better ways to design the USB interface.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Carabimero said:
USB interfaces. I try to insert my data stick. It doesn't fit. I turn it over and try the other way. It doesn't fit. I turn it back over and try to insert it the original way I first tried it.

It fits. Sometimes.

Whoever designed the USB interface should immediately face the following punitive action: every device in their home(s) that requires some sort of physical interface (their juicer, their cell phone charger, etc.) should be made persistently hard to connect and annoyingly inconvenient for a period of no less than ten years.

I consider this light punishment for the inconvenience they perpetrated on us.

There were a hundred better ways to design the USB interface.

Hope lies in the future: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2478121,00.asp

Stan

Senior HTF Member
If this is a serious thread, how about a very dear friend who "NEVER" shuts up. Sorry about the caps, not my personality. To anybody reading this, you do an all caps posting, very good chance nobody will read it.

Anyhow, she can't carry on a normal conversation. Somewhere in her upbringing, schooling, etc. that basic pause, where you let somebody else into the conversation just isn't there. I've learned through the years, mentioned it to her, but it's an unbreakable habit. Often times I don't even listen, just think about other things until eventually she quiets down. Trust me, I haven't missed anything,

I don't know if it's a mental issue or just her upbringing. She is somewhat rude, I don't think it's on purpose, but 99% of people can carry on a decent conversation, pausing when expected, each person can talk back and forth, but not with her.​​

I'm a very calm person a​nd do the old "in one ear, out the other", not even paying attention. It's very effective.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Currently - Samsung mobile phones.

I am a software engineer developing mobile apps for Android devices. As if it weren't tough enough having to support multiple versions of the Android OS (along with their vastly different styles and standards) and a multitude of screen sizes, aspect ratios, pixel densities and so on, Samsung devices in particular have so many hardware-related quirks that I feel compelled to throw any S4 or S5 device I see against a brick wall in an effort to truly make the world a better place.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
That so far I can't find the HTF button that let's you look at "Newest Topics" like the old software had (was on top right area of forum).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks