What's new

What about The Munsters? (1 Viewer)

Derek_McL

Second Unit
Another vote for The Munsters on DVD. Channel 4 in the UK showed the original 60s' black and white series (the colour remakes were awful) about twenty years ago and I really enjoyed it. I'm quite surprised they made as many as 70 episodes though. This to me seems an obvious release alongside the Monster Legacy sets. If it was a reasonable price I think I'd buy this : the series was unusual and Fred Gwynne was indeed a fine comic actor. I much prefer it to The Addams Family.

ToddL

Grip
Real Name
Todd
Well I'm glad to see that there are other people that are wanting this show on DVD in season sets too. I agree that this would be an easy one to release as it is only 2 seasons long. I also like it much better than The Addams Family.

Brian York

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian York
You can count me in as one who is waiting for The Munsters as well, and way prefers Herman and family over Gomez and family...

The Munsters is up there with Gilligan's Island and Miami Vice as series I want to get....and the fact that Gilligan season 1 is now out is really encouraging.

(at least there's a CHANCE with the Munsters, unlike M.V.)

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I would definitely buy Munsters season box sets. I think it was a very funny show... goofy, but funny in the way Gilligan's Island was funny. I actually prefer The Munsters to Addams Family.

John Prator

Stunt Coordinator
I'm in!! I love the Munsters, Eddie Munster(Butch Patrick)used to live here in Austin. I talked to him one time YEARS ago and he was selling a remake of the Wolf doll he used to have on the show for like $500!!! Needless to say I didn't buy one. Anyway, would love it if they released The Munsters on DVD!:emoji_thumbsup:

Joe_Pinney

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe Pinney
I'd snap up Munsters season sets in a second. I can't even say the name "Lilly" without recalling the way Herman Munster would say it. (Somewhat similar to Forrest Gump's "Jen-neh"...."Lil-lyyyy")

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks