What's new

what about garfield and friends on dvd? (1 Viewer)

Luke T

Grip
I do hope Fox has the rights to the whole Garfield archive, they rule TV on DVD! And a possible movie? Sweet!

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Keep the posts coming guys. You see how we got Paramount to get Top Secret on DVD? Would somebody care to make this the official Garfield DVD thread or something? I want these so bad on DVD as well. I believe the film has 10 times the chance that Scooby-Doo had. Scooby-Doo wasn't that great of a show in the first place. But Garfield was actually a very clever show most times. And having writers from Toy Story is very comforting.

~Kevin

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
you need to ask the ops if they can make it the official garfield thread.

JACOB

Iain Jackson

Second Unit
It might also be an idea to send plenty of emails to the Official Garfield Website, to let them know that the interest is still there... has anyone ever tried doing an internet search on the Garfield TV specials? I tried recently and found virtually nothing... it's amazing that a set of TV programmes (all of which were nominated for or won Emmys) is hardly even thought about these days.

Jeff Webb

Auditioning
I, too, would LOVE to see GARFIELD on DVD! I would definately buy it up in a heartbeat! FULL SEASONS OF COURSE!

Jeffrey Gray

Second Unit
You know, I think that if you campaign to get it on DVD, you should try to get Mark Evanier to join your campaign. He worked on all 120 episodes of the show, and would probably love to see the entire series released to DVD. Also, he could show that someone who worked on the program actually cares about whether or not it is released to DVD.

Sebastian_A

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, I am ALL FOR GARFIELD!

This is the coolest guy to hit the planet - right next to ALF! Anyway, GARFIELD and this little weirdo duck, with the swimming aid that looks like its owner - I WANNA SEE IT!!!

Season Sets, of course - I'd pay CASH!

Haden

Supporting Actor
It's a pity the guy who did Garfield's voice (and also Venkman on the Ghostbusters cartoon) is now dead. Would have been cool to see him doing a commentary or some kind of interview on a DVD release.

For that matter, if Fox is making a live-action movie ala Scooby Doo, then it's bound to suck without this guy doing Garfield's voice. That voice WAS Garfield.

Iain Jackson

Second Unit
It is sad that Lorenzo Music (the voice of Garfield) isn't around anymore to do a film, but I'm sure that there's someone out there capable of impersonating him.

How about Bill Murray? Even if he sounds slightly different, he still has that laid-back quality to his voice, and his name is bankable enough to be a big part of the marketing...

Haden

Supporting Actor
Yeah Bill Murray might pull it off, considering that Lorenzo Music voiced Venkman on the Ghostbusters cartoon and definitely conveyed a Murray-esque quality to the character.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks