1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

WFTV (ABC) Orlando response as to why they are down now

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike I, Jan 26, 2001.

1. Mike I

Mike I Well-Known Member

Just received an email from WFTV dt 39 as to why they were on the air and now down..
    Mike:
    We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties in getting a clean signal from our studio location to our transmitter. We hope to have that resolved within the next two weeks. We'll keep you posted!
    By the way, Mike Tamme has left WFTV for a station in St. Louis. You should continue to use this e-mail address for further communication. I'll be answering his mail until such time as a new chief engineer is chosen.
    Thanks for your interest. We look forward to being the first station in Orlando to broadcast true HDTV!
    Chip Reif
    Operations Manager
    WFTV
    ------------------

2. Joel Smith

Joel Smith Active Member

Received the same email from Chip also got response from CBS and NBC here they are:
    DTV Channel 58
    We are currently looking to be on the air late Feb. We are still under
    construction on the tower. We now have a direct connection with TWC so if
    you can get TWC digital service you can receive WKMG and CBS programming in
    HD.
    Thanks For Watching
    Frank Torbert
    Chief Engineer
    WKMG-TV
    NBC DTV Channel 11
    Our new tower is still being constructed in the Bithlo area. I would think that
    if no major delays come along in the next few weeks that we could be on the air
    by the end of Feb. Thanks for your interest in WESH-DT.