What's new

West Wing Season Seven (1 Viewer)

Clay_E

Second Unit
I see from TVShowsonDVD that this season has been announced. Any word on which version of the live episode this set will contain (East Coast or West Coast)?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Yes, I hope it will have both too. I saw the east coast edition of the edition and it was great. I've heard that the west coast version was also great and that the two had subtle differences.

The 7th season of this show was every bit as good as the first two seasons, which are generally considered the best in the series. Looking forward to getting this.

One question on the complete series box: Will it contain the double-sided discs used in the first few seasons' DVDs and the single-sided discs used for the later seasons?

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
They did a live episode? I only saw the first season on original airings-the rest have all been on DVD. I'll be glad to see how it all wraps up though-I've really enjoyed the first six seasons.

The complete series set looks like a great deal as well.

Katherine_K

Second Unit
The ER sets had one live episode but the second was available as a bonus disc for sets at Target. Perhaps they'll be doing that, since it's the same studeo.

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
Based on the disc count for the complete series, it sounds like the first three seasons will be put on single-sided discs like the remaining four seasons, which adds up to seven discs for the first three seasons (six for the episodes, one for the bonus features), and six for the final four seasons.

Clay_E

Second Unit

Still no official word on this - I'm hoping that means there will be the option for both, even as a Target bonus disc (although, I guess if Target does offer this as a bonus, then I'd better check out Best Buy :)).

JoePassmore

Stunt Coordinator

Interesting. Too bad we couldn't get a commentary or a featurette detailing the reasons to go with one shot from the East/West over the other...

John Simon

Second Unit
I'm disappointed that no commentaries have been announced for this set. I've found the commentaries in the other seasons to be pretty interesting, and would definately like to have heard one for the election episodes and the series finale.

I was also hoping to finally get to see the retrospective documentary that wasn't aired on NBC after producers were unable to settle on compensation with the cast. I guess they weren't able to work that deal out for the DVD either.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
I don't believe it was ever made, which kind of explains it's absence from the DVD, too.

John Simon

Second Unit

It's a little unclear whether or not it was made. After NBC abruptly changed their original plans and aired the series pilot prior to the finale, a number of news outlets picked up on the story. I remember reading a couple that said the documentary had been produced but they could obtain rights from the actors to show it.

The reason I tend to believe it did get made is because I saw snippets of interviews with the cast that were aired as promos leading up to the finale. They were clearly new interviews with Allison Janney and Martin Sheen as they discussed their thoughts on the series as a whole and the final season in particular. Since I've never seen the interviews anywhere else, I can only assume they were filmed for use in the retrospective.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I don't think the show being referred to was ever made. Reports in the press in the weeks before the finale said NBC didn't want to pay to produce the show, indicating that it had not been made.

Rob T

Screenwriter
so they'll be edited together as 1 episode?
I was hoping to see both versions. :frowning:

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Correct, some of the East Coast and some of the West Coast episode will be edited together to make the Central Coast episode.

Gord

Clay_E

Second Unit
Any clarification on which version of the Debate is on the set - if it's the East Coast, West Coast, or an amalgam of the two?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks