What's new

WEST SIDE STORY - OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Cremildo said:
Having a sense of humor won't hurt ya, you know.
I should have a sense of humor about the original post? I think we've all shown that we have a sense of humor, but it's also important to say it like it is, unless you think the original poster was being funny. He was, of course, but not on purpose.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Well, maybe he was being inadvertently funny but we've all been caught out in this and other things .. as when the other day I changed the name of THAT musical to 'Anna and the King of Siam'! And if the original poster hadn't highlighted what was his honest mistake, we wouldn't have had all this enjoyment!

Persianimmortal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Koroush Ghazi
Q2nC4L8.jpg

Sam the eagle is appalled at just how lightly the people in this thread are taking such a serious subject.

Joe Bernardi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joe Bernardi
I remember years ago that a co-worker was very angry that radio stations would play such filth. His son told him that in Ray Stevens' "The Streak" there's a line that goes "Ethel, you shave your pussy!"

He felt a little foolish when I told him it was "Ethel, you shameless hussy!"

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Joe Bernardi said:
I remember years ago that a co-worker was very angry that radio stations would play such filth. His son told him that in Ray Stevens' "The Streak" there's a line that goes "Ethel, you shave your pussy!"He felt a little foolish when I told him it was "Ethel, you shameless hussy!"
I knew Ethel, Ethel was a good friend of mine, and yes sir, she did shave her p%@#y!

Yorkshire

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
I'll never forget The Alarm song Rain in the Summertime. The lines were:

I love to feel the rain in the summertime,
I love to feel the rain on my face.

Only instead of 'the rain' some people heard 'Lorraine'.

I'll let you work it out from there.

Steve W

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
John Maher_289910 said:
Just mine?
Yeah, just yours. Sure we've been having a smutty good time, but I thought you took it to an extreme. And you had to make it ethnic.

Maybe I've become an old prude, I know I'm an old fart.

John Maher_289910

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Maher
Because I rolled my r? You consider that racist, do you? Are you Hispanic? I only ask, because a great deal of my family is Hispanic, and they have never taken offense at my rolled rs. By the way, if we had a dislike button, I would dislike your dislike.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
John Maher_289910 said:
What area in this thread would you consider inappropriate?
I don't find any of it inappropriate but the forum's rules basically forbid talking about issues that can easily lead to arguments (anything involving politics, religion, racial issues, etc.) and it seems like this thread is on its way there. That being said, I'm just making a suggestion that I think will help everyone remain cool and friendly but I'm not a moderator so feel free to ignore my suggestion.

Cine_Capsulas

Second Unit
Real Name
Patrick
TravisR said:
I don't find any of it inappropriate but the forum's rules basically forbid talking about issues that can easily lead to arguments (anything involving politics, religion, racial issues, etc.) and it seems like this thread is on its way there. That being said, I'm just making a suggestion that I think will help everyone remain cool and friendly but I'm not a moderator so feel free to ignore my suggestion.
This thread has became a humorous one right after the ludicrous first post. Nobody has actually dealt with race at all. Just because you suppose its on its way to forbidden subjects isn't enough to warrant it being moderated.

The non-existent issue was raised by someone who's either a prude or humorless, therefore John_Maher's heavily liked joke (it's become a Popular Post) isn't the one to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks