1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

We're Back! (mostly)

Discussion in 'Forum Help and Feedback' started by Adam Gregorich, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
  2. Persianimmortal

Persianimmortal Well-Known Member

Koroush Ghazi
    Excellent, thanks.

3. Charles Smith

Charles Smith Extremely Talented Member
    Supporter

Charles Smith
    Thanks to Dave for his help with the password issue. What a pleasure to be back!

4. Charles Smith

Charles Smith Extremely Talented Member
    Supporter

Charles Smith
    And for those who recognize the avatar and first name, I am the person formerly known as Chas in CT. Got tired of that long ago, and took the opportunity to change it.

ahollis likes this.
  5. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    Well let me be the first to welcome you Charles!

6. David Weicker

David Weicker Well-Known Member

David
    First of all, welcome back. You have been missed.

I too had some log-in problems, but the email solution worked.

I do have a suggestion. Obviously some features and the look-and-feel have changed. Some have been replaced, some dropped, and some have just different 'names' It would be nice if you could put a how-to/what's changed note on the front page. Listing out where things are now, how to navigate to the stuff we used to see up front.

I realize you are all busy right now just trying to get things up an running again - working out the kinks. But afterwords, if someone could document 'here's what you used to see' / 'here's what it was replaced by'.

David

7. DavidMiller

DavidMiller Premium
    Supporter

David Miller
    Congrats on your conversion!

Adam Gregorich likes this.
  8. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    Great idea David. We are hopefully going to put together some quick "how-to" videos in the next few days.

9. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    Thanks!

10. Frank Ha

Frank Ha Well-Known Member

Frank Harrison
    Yes, congratulations on the conversion. It's good to have you back. I missed my daily reading on HTF these past few days.

11. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Well-Known Member

[​IMG] on the [​IMG]

I saw that "license exceeded" screen briefly yesterday and thought I read "Invision" on the screen. Is the new platform hosted by Invision?

12. Joe Karlosi

Joe Karlosi Well-Known Member

I gotta tell ya, guys -- this was a headache. I was not able to log in under my old existing name (Joe Karlosi) no matter what I tried. It did not recognize my password or email. So I had no alternative but to create a whole new account (now JoeKarlosi), where I do not have any old post count or old history.

When I first tried my original screen name, it told me that there already was an existing account with that name, so it obviously still had me in the memory... I don't understand.

The main thing is that I can still post as a new member, but I'm sure there ought to be a way to validate my old account.

13. TravisR

TravisR Well-Known Member

Just to clarify, you did enter your e-mail adress in the user ID? I had trouble logging in too but using my e-mail cleared it up.

14. Joe Karlosi

Yes, I typed my email address in the User ID. Don't know why it didn't recognize it. It could be that an older email address for me is on account, but I tried that older one too, and nothing. I think that at one time I may have used a name before Joe Karlosi in the older days but I don't know what that was (I recall that Ron changed it to Joe Karlosi at my request for me at one point).

Another odd thing -- when I created the new account I did not receive the activation Email. Then later I learned that it might appear in the SPAM section, and I checked the SPAM -- sure enough, there was the activation confirmation!

I'll tell you this - so far I much prefer this board to the last one already!

15. Stan

Stan Premium
    Supporter

I see the same thing when I log on, but not on anyone else. Does it mean I'm behaving? Or am I just on the limit and might get a warning point soon? And what happens if you do get warning points? One or two, maybe okay, but three and you're out? Who knows.

16. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    Joe-
    Send an email to support 'at' hometheaterforum.com. We will get your old account back up and delete your new one.

17. Sumnernor

Sumnernor Well-Known Member

Sumner Northcutt
    I have noticed in the various posts no real-name and yet in one post someone was referring to "Paul". Please return in the new format that existed before by giving the real-name

18. JoeKarlosi

JoeKarlosi Guest

Adam -- thanks, but I don't know what's going on. It seems that you've changed my account back to the "old" way, but yet when I tried to log in the old way, I could not . I now had to create another "new account" here again as JoeKarlosi in order to post!

How do I make sure I can type in Joe Karlosi and my old password and get on like I used to? Should I provide a whole new email and password for it??

19. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    Joe,

Try using your email address for your username. The email address that the old HTF would recognized. Also, it might prompt you to change your password or have a new password sent to your email.

20. Joe Karlosi

OK, fellas - thanks! I've added a new password as well as a more current email address. Hopefully we're good to go!