1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Went to Best Buy for Jesus camp. They lost them all!

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Harpozep, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Harpozep

Harpozep Well-Known Member

This is the fourth time I've gone to BB armed with a list of what comes out on Tuesday and they cannot find some of the titles even though their computer says they have the titles![​IMG]
    Today ten copies of Jesus camp went missing. The clerk looked it up, went to the back room , found nothing, and said, "They could be anywhere".
    I looked for another forty minutes and gave up. Just frustrating , is what it is. [​IMG] These Big Box stores come in, run out a lot of the more service oriented stores and this is what we get![​IMG]

I've gotten DVDs from their back room numerous times LATE on Tuesdays-they just don't seem to care to get the titles out.
    But today again, an entire title just vanished, lost in the piles of crud .
    Anyway, I'm just venting and figure I'll be getting less and less from that joke of a store.
    Time to pay off the credit card and start ordering online. Who needs this aggravation!![​IMG]

2. Bob clamer

Bob clamer Well-Known Member

Been there, done that! Your best bet is to just go online and do the in-store pickup and what for the notification to come through instead of wasting your time at the store asking clerks that basically have no idea what they are doing (or care for that matter) or what they are even selling on the new release days. Only place I have seen that is worse then BB is Circuit City. Have item advertised in their weekly flyer and don't have the item in the store. I've been at a CC store as soon as they open only to be told that it is not available for in the store. Online only. Why advertise it for the week if you are not going to carry it. Makes no sense but...

3. Harpozep

Harpozep Well-Known Member

Yeah, the clerks very rarely know what's going on. I guess these big box stores move enough people through them and sell so much material that they can afford stupidity such as that which of which we've been through.
    No wonder many online sources are doing well. I mean I'd forgo the online discount to get things day and date, so perhaps ordering B B online for in store pickup is an idea. However since the local team routinely cannot account for what comes into their back room, I dunno.........

Corporate mentality as exemplified through a BB clerk is daunting. Another example:
    I want an external hard drive enclosure. They are out. I ask and am told they get them in and the employees keep buying them all. Ok, I say, then order more so customers can get some. " Uh, we can't do that" was the response! They are not allowed to up their order. Huh??[​IMG] Corporate send just so many and that's the way it is. They say.....
    So I go to Staples.....

4. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Well-Known Member

My Best Buy had a bunch of them stuck in "Special Interest" next to the WWF DVDs. So who knows what's going on with them.

5. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

[​IMG]

6. Jeremy Little

Jeremy Little Well-Known Member

Documentaries go in "Special Interest"