What's new

Went even further into the darkside... (1 Viewer)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Went to VZW yesterday to upgrade to a 4G mobile hotspot to replace my 3G.

Decided the "cost" of international service was worth it this time.

Bought a Galaxy tab(the big one) cause it was barely twice the price of the 4G LTE international hot spot.

Now I'm deciding on if I want one of those Samsung All-Share. VZW wanted $100 for it(haha) and I can get a used one under $50.

Anybody got one? Already tried it with my NetGear PTV...they won't play nice(which I figured anyway, as the Tab has neither MiraCast or WiDi).

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I go to London once a year for a 2 week stretch. The adjoining week before or after I head somewhere else over there.

I'm on track to get the "British equivalent" of a Masters in Creative Writing, Been attending creative writing summer schools for 10 years. Seven of those years required onsite study.

Shockingly it costs less to attend the 2 week courses over there than taking two, five month long courses on the same subject from schools like University of Vermont. The 2 week courses require almost 100 hours of hands on course work before even getting there.

Last course from Oxford(counting "everything", even the week afterward in Jerez, Spain) cost $5600. Two online semesters covering the same coursework from University of Vermont(which requires onsite finals) would have been $4000.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks