What's new

Well, Spears Has Officially Lost It (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't get it. When I click on the blank space under Bryan's name, I get taken to his profile page and see Katherine under Signatures. When I click on my avatar, I go to my profile page and see Chloe on the right. When I click on John's avatar, his avatar is his signature, and in the avatar slot is a refugee from a Geico commercial.

Edit: duh. John changed his avatar, and the old one was still caching.

We now return you to the topic at hand.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

:laugh:

Gotta tell ya...the Linda Tripp thing had me laughing, too!

BTW, the owner of the salon (Ester Tognozzi) where Britney cut her hair...has now put the hair (along with a half-finished bottle of Red Bull and a Bic lighter) up on eBay.

An eBay search on "Britney Hair" is too funny! There are t-shirts that say, "Hey Britney, great head!" There are even a few people selling slices of toast that have images of Britney's hair on them! :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
1.) Why would people be bidding on her hair?

2.) Why would people be bidding on her hair from UK sellers (when Britney's hair was cut in California)?

3.) See question #1.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

For some background on that, let's turn in our hymnal to "Papsmear Pusher" in Slacker (1991).

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Well supposedly she has left the rehab clinic once again. :rolleyes

On a side note. Who would have thought 6 years ago that Britney would be the drugged out singer whose career is going nowhere...And Christina Aguilera would be the bigger star? :D

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Well, since Christina is far more talented, it shows there's a little bit of justice in showbiz after all. :)

Christina handled her "wild" period much better. Now she's moved on, having huge success and winning Grammys. Of course, she didn't marry and divorce twice and pop out two kids in a year, either. Christina seems much more mature.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
but Britney's career was based on her image. I'm not going to say she's a talentless hack because her music does have a place in the music indusrty...I just think that her fame far exceeded what she produced.

Christina doesn't need to do these kinds of things for attention because her voice does it for her.

Again, not that Britney couldn't get any fame from her voice, it's just that she couldn't retain it based on her talent alone.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member

I said that exact same thing to my wife the other day! I used to have zero respect for Christina during her trashy phase. But now, compared to Britney, she looks like freaking Amy Grant!

I suppose being married to k-fed probably caused some mental trauma.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Dude! I almost had a nervous breakdown...I couldn't even IMAGINE what it must have been like to be married to the guy (or whatever you want to call him) ;)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Now there's a comparison I can live with! :D

And I love Cyndi Lauper's voice and don't especially care for Aguilera's...but I get the comparison completely!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Always loved Christina, forgetting her trashy phase (even then I still loved her) she's matured nicely, and (slaps head) call me nuts but she can sing circles around Spears.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'd find Aguilera more listenable if she'd stop the vocal acrobatics--which I, unfortunately, have to compare to the predilection of someone like Mariah Carey.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Yeah, I kinda get what your saying, but there's no denying her vocal range and pure talent for singing, at the very least she doesn't sound as if her voice is coming out of a computer like many pop stars, Spears included. And at the risk of being mocked and laughed out of here, I also really like the sound of Mandy Moore's voice.

The girl brought tears to my eyes on the A Walk to Remember soundtrack.
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

My god, what is American Idol doing to me!? :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks