What's new

Well, lucky me! I found a copy of Hard Boiled for cheap! (1 Viewer)

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
So there I am at Scarecrow Video, dropping off this weeks rentals, when I see a blu ray of Dragon Dynasty's Hard Boiled behind the counter with a big "Out Of Print!" sticker on it. . . for only 15 bucks.

Now, when something cult and popular - and John Woo must certainly qualify for both - goes out of print, the price usually rockets up to 200+ bucks. But here it was at a reasonable price.

I ask the clerk what the deal was? Was it a cursed disc? No, it's just not going for that much, so Scarecrow didn't jack the price. I told him to hook me up ASAP, oh and grab a copy of The Killer while you are at it. Might as well double down on the Chow Yun Fat, eh?

So lucky me! Sometimes you beat the insane secondary market prices!

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
The transfers for both Hard Boiled and The Killer from Dragon Dynasty are horrible.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
It's not great quality, but if you want a copy of Hard Boiled in HD for cheap, I think the PS3 deluxe edition of Stranglehold is easy to find. I don't recall whether the movie can only be played on a PS3, though.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
i don't think it's out of print in Canada. You can get Hard Boiled for $14CDN or a double-bill of Hard Boiled & The Killer for $20 on amazon.ca.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Enjoy em Tony! I have the Criterion DVDs and wouldn't trade em for anything!
There are some good extras on those old Criterion discs, but the transfers make the Dragon Dynasty discs look like a Robert Harris restoration in comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks