What's new

Well I kinda Liked MIB2 (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I'm shocked I actually had funwatching MIBII I did'nt think it was nearly the disaster that alot of members here made it out to be. Maybe it's te old addage that when you have low expectations. Sure it was alot like the original, but i still found a few chuckles to be had. Of course the Locker Aliens were the best. Kinda sorry I did'nt pick it up on sale last week.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
It was not a disaster. All in all it was not too bad a film but it just does not stack up to the much funnier MIB 1. The villain in the first film was a riot. The woman in the second film just was not funny or menacing at all and that made a big difference.

John Alderson

Supporting Actor
This is one I was very pleasantly surprised by, too. I love the first one, and wasn't expecting much with this one. But it ended up feeling like a B-movie with a *huge* budget, and I loved it. It never took itself seriously, and the tone just worked for me.
So you're not alone. :)

Jim Reynolds

Agent
I just finished watching MIB II and both my wife and I agreed this was better at home than at the theater.
While it wasn't as funny as the MIB I, it was still good.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
This was my first disc with a lip-sync problem. About the first 30 seconds after the layer change was way off.

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
It certainly isn't an agonizing disaster on the scale of Batman Forever or The Avengers. Pretty weak, but I loved Frank the pug and wish he'd been a major character on a par with Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith, or instead of one or the other.

Jan

Jedrek

Stunt Coordinator
I LOVE MIB2. I loved it from when I first saw it in the theater. Sure there are some scenes that are a lot like the original, but I laughed harder and had an overall more fun time watching #2. :emoji_thumbsup:

Joe McKeown

Stunt Coordinator
I really liked the movie, but I thought between the locker aliens and the "think Kay/Kevin sticks his finger into" that they reused the same gag twice.

The funniest thing by far though was on the second disk where they showed all the takes of Will Smith trying to think up names for what eventually became the "balchinian"

That said, I was pretty disappointerd at how much footage reuse there was in the special features. During much of the special features I felt like I was watching reruns.

Eric_R_C

Second Unit
Many gags were re-used, thought the "similar" ending didn't have NEAR the impact as the original.
Having viewed the excerpts, I actually thought the alternate ending was funnier.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
The only part I really enjoyed was the locker scene. That was perfect (if only the rest could live up to it).

Eric_R_C

Second Unit
Dean that's a great question. I hadn't even thought about him (another forgetful character :frowning: )

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
I liked the first version of the movie (with Linda Fiorintino) better than this year's remake.

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
I bought a copy last week to give to my son for Christmas. My dad bought a copy at the same time, and his didn't want to play correctly, so we watched ours to be sure. It wasn't nearly as bad as the reviews made it out to be. It was fun, although some of the jokes fell flat. I also would have preferred more scenes with the Pug. I'll actually watch this with my son once we get around to it (there'll be quite a few DVD's under the tree this year, so it may take a while to get to this one).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks