What's new

Well, I did it. Soon to be neutral.... :( (1 Viewer)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
With Paramount defecting, SNF and Trek coming up and the too good to pass up Amazon deal, I couldn't help it.

The HD-a2 + 3 Free HDdvds from a select list for $202 shipped with my earlier 10% discount. And then the 5 freebies making a total of 8 movies.

Couldn't hold out. The Smurfs at AVS are gonna rip me to pieces. The gingers will say "HA!" or something. My better 1/2 will kick my Irish heinie but I can relax and not worry about what format a film will be released in. Looks like the "War" is here to stay for quite awhile.
I just wanna watch some dang films in HD...

:frowning: (oh, the shame...)

;)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Dave,

Welcome to HD-DVD!

It's good to be neutral! Let us know your impressions.

SherardP

Stunt Coordinator
Gorgeous little lady, and congrats on going neutral. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
What a cutie. Not you, David! :)

I am up at 3:30-4:30am on a daily basis.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
That is the problem, isn't it.:) But not that bad of a problem to have.

Dave, welcome to the neutral zone.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, guys!

Hey, that should be a new Kenny Loggins song!

"Ride, into, the, NEUTRAL ZONE...!

;)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Damn, she starts looking like you. Well, not too much yet. :)

Congrats with the neutrality! (I hope to do it when the dual player comes along.) I'm sure life will be more relaxed now for you, even as a father of such a little beauty.

Cees

Steve Blair

Second Unit
Congrats! I've been neutral since the beginning and there's nothing like it. Totally stress free and I sit back and just laugh at everyone bickering back and forth :) Now you can just look at the future release dates and choose what you want with no worry.

Jim Rondeau

Stunt Coordinator
I got in on the Amazon deal too and will be neutral soon. I just started getting into high def DVD a few weeks ago when I got the PS3 using the Sonystyle card deal.

Most everything I had read said Blu-ray would probably be the eventual winner so I figured that was the way to go. Then the Paramount/Dreamworks announcement comes and I'm like OK, maybe this is going to go on longer than they thought. With the Amazon deal being too good to pass up I now don't have to sit around worrying about not being able to get this or that movie.

I must say it amazes me reading some of the posts from diehard supporters of either format. I think it will be nice being neutral and just taking advantage of what each format has to offer.

Bob_Lawrance

Stunt Coordinator
I have to joined the Neutral Zone, tired of waiting for them to decide and I want to see the movies I want now, not in two years :)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

It's almost like being in a whole new hobby, the air is so different up here.
I think you made a wise move Dave, but you probably already know that.
Now go out and make the most of that extra 10% off while it lasts

ReggieW

Screenwriter
Welcome to the fold Mack Daddy!

I also have plans for neutrality.

I'm just waiting for a Universal player that's at least BD profile 1.1 compliant before I dive in.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Welcome David. :) Been neutral for a little over a month now and it's pretty cool. Still, that Red pill just seems to taste ever so slightly better. ;) J/K...

Your daughter is a Doll. :emoji_thumbsup:...now we will get a 'kindler & gentler' Dave now that he is wrapped around her finger. Having 2 daughters of my own I understood at birth that I would no longer have a vote. :D

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Glad I have the patience of a saint and can wait out this mess for as long as it takes... :)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Thanks guys!

Living 5 blocks from a locked and loaded Hayward fault line in Berkeley, I can't afford to wait for the war to end. My whole HT could be trashed with a good one of old Mother Earth's shudders...
Also it's nice to just look up when a film is coming out, not what color case or what studio...

:)

troy evans

Screenwriter
Hey Dave, That's good news. Now you have one less worry,LOL. Man is it great to walk into a store or go online and not be limited by your format. Seems we're all headed in this direction. At least the movie lovers of us. What? Wait for the format war to end to enjoy all the films I want.....F*** That Noise!:P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks