What's new

weird eating related questions (1 Viewer)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
A lot of meals I put a little potatoes, meat and sometime the veggie on the same forkful.

One thing I do mix up is corned beef, cabbage and mashed potatoes. Cut it all up and mix it together and then put ketchup on it. Got the idea from corned beef hash and expanded it to my St Patty's favorite.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I'm not a mixer at all. I need to have all the different foods on my plate not touching. It doesn't bother me if they accidentally touch, but I certainly don't mix them on purpose.

As for the order of which foods I eat on my plate, I really don't have any. After each bite, I just pick whichever food sounds good next. Usually that depends on the texture/flavor/taste of the bite I just took.

Joe S.

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe
1) yes, all the time
1) yes, sometimes
1) yes, sometimes

Why the hell are you spying on me when I eat?

I also do the meat/veg/starch thing. A common combo in our house is to have peas, mashed taters, and some sort of meat. I must take a forkful of potatos, dip it in the peas (to get some stuck) and eat it that way. If the meat is steak, I can also add a piece of steak on the end. But the pea/tater combo is a must for me.

It also freaks me out when other people watch me eat. No idea why, but I hate it.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Qui-Gon John,

You had me up to the ketchup. This is simply a culinary don't for me. Don't get me wrong, I love ketchup but no where near corn beef and cabbage.

Which reminds me. Every Christmas we do the big family dinner thing at our house and we always do prime rib. Done perfectly medium rare to rare-ish with an awesome horseradish herb salt crust. Wife's side of the family REQUIRES it well-done and then to add insult to injury her grandfather wants ketchup for it...(shudder)

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
My father puts ketchup on sour kraut. The only thing I like ketchup on is fries.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
I also don't like to have people watch me eat, but more for their own peace of mind than mine--It's not a pretty sight. As a rule I only eat once a day, the evening meal, and I wolf it down like a Conehead.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Sacrilege!

On vacation in New Zealand, we were at a restaurant where we ordered our steaks medium-rare: the waiter instantly remarked "oh, the chef is going to love you!" Do Kiwis tend to prefer overdone meats? Or maybe it's the tourists?

troy evans

Screenwriter
Where I live we have a breakfast food called scraple. Scraple and eggs either scrambled or over easy mixed together is fantastic. The only mixing I've done is when I have green sweet peas and macaroni and cheese I think those two items are great mixed together......best with a steak or meatloaf as the main course. Although, my favorite meal is spaghetti with meat sauce and that pretty much has to be mixed together. I gulp that down
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
can't seem to help myself.

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
maybe it depends on the cuisine, or maybe you guys just need to get more creative about your menus.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
SCRAPPLE!

Troy,

I am sorry and sincerely don't mean to offend you personally but I wouldn't feed scrapple to my beagle who would eat the ass out of a dead cat. I seem to recall a comedy bit about scrapple wherein they refer to it as the product that takes the meat that SPAM rejected...(double shudder and a slight burp of nausea).

If you are on the eastern shore I am across the bay and so I know lots of people who enjoy scrapple, although I still suspect that is physically impossible.

Chris

StephenA

Screenwriter
I eat everything on the plate one at a time, leaving my favorite part for last. My dad once laughed at me for doing that.

Sometimes I dunk fries from McDonald's in sweet and sour sauce, but never dunked the chicken nuggets in it.

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor
I have dipped french fries in almost everything. Hot wings sauce, french dressing, ranch dressing, mayo (yummy, but baaaaaaad for ya), honey, ketchup, mustard, salsa....I could keep going, but you get the idea...

And prime rib HAS to be medium rare (as all steak should but DEFINITELY prime rib) but I digress.

Thanksgiving coming up. I can already picture my corn, mashed potato's and turkey all being happy mixed up

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
Me to a tee. Least favorite --> most favorite. Also finishing one item before starting another. By default, your most favorite food is the final taste in your mouth.

OTOH, there are certain dishes tht I mix, usually the ones with mashed potatoes as a side.

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
The flavors and textures have to be compatible to mix properly. For instance, if your dish is a velvety smooth and tender concoction of lobster and rabbit, adding paella is going to disrupt the essential texture. It may taste good, but it won't melt in your mouth. It's all about harmony, and structuring the symphony of food for your taste buds.

troy evans

Screenwriter
:laugh: my friend that's the tip of the iceberg as far as cuisine in my life. My girlfriend eats things I couldn't bring myself to even look at. She's from another country and let's just say they have an interesting array of food.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks