What's new

WeeklyRoundUp 2-7-2006 (1 Viewer)

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Thanks, Mike. I'll pick up W&G as a blind buy for me and the kiddos...

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
The new edition of 13 Going On 30 adds a couple of extra features and languages on top of those that were included in the original release. There's a thread about it in the Software forum.

MirrorMask is definitely a 2/14 release.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member

It depends. The Cracking Contraptions are 10 short films. The BBC site here has a link that might still work for viewing the Soccamatic film. That should give you a good idea.

Here's a a review I found. The ten films run about 2 minutes each.

Neil

Dax P

Stunt Coordinator
I'll definitely hunt for that bonus disc at Wal-Mart... I hadn't wanted to re-buy the W&G shorts (on the most recent release of them) for JUST the Contraptions shorts, but it had been bothering me that I didn't have them, so I hoped there'd be a solution when the movie came to dvd...

Thanks, NeilO (and Mike Frezon, as usual...), and to Valerie for the dddvd Moonlighting heads-up...

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Thanks to NeilO, I made a rare visit to WalMart. They had the exclusive 2-disc set, including the widescreen version of The Curse of the Were-Rabbit packaged with Gromit's Tail-Waggin' DVD (includes all 10 Cracking Contraptions, Behind the Scenes-The Amazing World of W&G, games and more).

The 2-disc set is offered in both mar & OAR of The Curse (had to hunt for the OAR version). Also, the price is $14.9x for both the single and 2-disc version.

The display only had a sticker price of $19.9x for all versions with a a single sale tag of $14.9x ('old price, $19.9x'). The person in front pointed this out when her copy of the 2-disc rang up at $19.9x and the mangager confirmed & corrected the price.

Thanks again, and to Mike too.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Peter, you're welcome. I'll have to go to my local WalMart soon to get those. Based on what happened to me last week [I tried to get the Corpse Bride WalMart exclusive and it rang up at the $19.9x price. The cashier insisted this was because it was because it came with something extra and refused to change the price to the sales tag that was positioned nearer to the regular discs], I doubt I'll be able to get the $14.9x price on the exclusive 2-disc set, but I will try harder this time and double-check with the manager (if needed).

Neil

DanielHEN

Grip
Whoa... Went to Best Buy today to pick up Growing Pains, and they had it for a few cents under $27. I think I'll be picking this one up at Target or Amazon.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
For those of you in the New England area - Newbury Comics has "Breakfast at Tiffany's" for a winning $9.99!!!:emoji_thumbsup:

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Local WalMart didn't have the Cracking Contraptions disc, oh well. Best Buy had the two-pack, but every one of them had the full screen version of the movie in it. Blah.

I -really- don't want to buy the shorts for a third time, just to get Cracking Contraptions.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm heading off to my local Wal-Mart. A phone call to one of my local stores (East Greenbush) tell me that they are carrying Survivor Pearl Islands for $34.77!

Talked about mixed success: a call to another of my local stores said they don't have any...and its not on "their list" as something they will have. Go figure.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Update on Best Buy's Movie Cash to see Firewall included with the Frantic & Presumed Innocent 2-Pack ("F&PS 2P"):

Today I went to BB's Customer Service and explained that the F&PS 2P I bought (I had bought 2 packs but only opened 1 of the packs) did not contain the Firewall Movie Cash as advertised. The CS Rep checked with the CS Manager, who was aware of the situation. The CS Manager informed me that the Movie Cash is not inside the DVD 2-Packs, but is packaged separately. He sent the CS Rep to get 2 packages of the Movie Cash (I'm not sure where there were, or are, located in the store). BB ended up "exchanging" my purchase by refunding on the two F&PS 2P's and then ringing-up the sale again - this time with the free Movie Cash.

If you are going after this deal, make sure you pick-up the separate Movie Cash package - it's a shrink-wrapped thin cardbord sleeve almost the size of a DVD case. Here's a scan of the packaging (shrink-wrap has been removed):

I ended up doing my new release DVD shopping at my local Wal-Mart (Murrieta, CA) though and picked-up:
Just Like Heaven - $16.87
Waiting - $16.87
W&G 2-Pack: TCotWR and Gromit's Tail-Waggin' DVD (includes All 10 Crackling Contraptions) - $19.94
(Most of Wal-Mart's W&G 2-Packs contained the FF/FS version of W&G: TCotWR, but there were a few with the WS version.)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
My local Wal-Mart had the lowest Pearl Islands price too--$35.44. I generally am willing to wait a few days for it to arrive from Amazon if it's cheaper, but I wasn't going to argue over 45 cents. :D

Daniel--Growing Pains should be $17.99 on sale at BB. It's advertised that way at least.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Thanks guys for the Round-up

My interests this week are Electric Company (Costco has for $29.xx) and the Cary Grant collection (still looking for that one at a warehouse club).

Steve

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Imagine my reaction when I got there and instead of $34.77...the price, instead, was $37.44. :angry:

Anthony: Glad you got such a good price. I went ahead with the $37.44 anyway since it seemed to be the lowest I could find without ordering on-line. I had an itchy trigger finger on this one.

My Wal-Mart did have Breakfast at Tiffany's for $12.86 :emoji_thumbsup:

Julio Diaz

Stunt Coordinator
Just in from Wal-Mart and they have another deal on a brand new disc that is a Wal-Mart/Sam's Club exclusive.

They are offering a "Curious George" DVD that includes three episodes from the forthcoming PBS animated series. Local price on this is $9.77 (of course, Wal-Mart is known to vary its prices regionally, but given that this disc is exclusive to them, I'm guessing there won't be much variation in the price).

Best of all, the disc includes a free children's movie ticket to see the "Curious George" film that opens Friday - value up to $6.50.

Since I was already planning on taking my five-year-old daughter to see the film, I couldn't resist grabbing the deal. My local theater charges $6 for kids shows, so it's basically the equivalent of getting the DVD for just under $4.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks