-Doom: UR
-Elizabethtown
-Grounded for Life:Season 1
-Growing Pains:Season 1
-Just Like Heaven
-Teen Titans:Season 1
-Waiting: UR
-W & G : Curse of the Were-Rabbit

Thanks for the continual service week after week Mike and Patrick.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
I'm definitely picking up Breakfast at Tiffany's since I never got around to purchasing the first release.

Does anybody know anything about Bambi II? I mean, I'm sure it's dreadful compared to the original, but does it have any redeeming qualities at all? Where's David when we need him??

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Thanks, Mike and Patrick!

Moonlighting: Season 3 is a must buy for me!

And, after checking out that DVD Beaver comparison, I will also pick up Breakfast at Tiffany’s: Anniversay Edition.

Julio Diaz

Stunt Coordinator
OK, the definites are:

Wallace & Gromit (a blind buy, but one I feel secure in). I'll get the 2-pack if the films are in OAR, but if they're MAR as suggested above, it'll just be the film.)

Teen Titans (a double-dip, but I should be able to sell off the original single discs and break even.)

And if Mirrormask is coming out, that one, too. It'll be a blind buy, but since I've been a fan of Gaiman for a very long time, it's one I'm confident in.

What's the deal with the new editions of Speed and 13 Going on 30? I can't even find the former on Amazon, and the latter doesn't tell what the differences are between this release and the original. Both are maybes at the right price for me (like when they start showing up at 2 for $20 in a few weeks, maybe).

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'll be getting:
Elizabethtown (I usually love Cameron Crowe but I'm worried about this one)
The Simpsons best of (since I'm a sick completist)
Wallace & Gromit

The only version of the two pack that I see on Amazon is the pan and scan version. Wasn't a Shrek boxset released just in fullframe too?

For what it's worth, the DVD with shorts is about $15 so individually the cost will only be a few dollars more than the two pack.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Glenn: Thanks for posting the link to DVDBeaver. I'm in now, too! That looks terrific!

Don't know about 13 Going on 30...but it looks like the Fox Five-Stars: M*A*S*H, Cleopatra, Speed, and The French Connection are all getting re-released. I haven't checked them out since I already own them all in their Five-Star versions.

Jeff: Thanks for the update on the CC price on Just Like Heaven! [...Mike scurries off to change it in the Prices Table!]

If anyone can lock down that the W&G 2-disc set is definitely MAR...please post it and I'll remove it from the RoundUp. :emoji_thumbsup:

John Carr

Stunt Coordinator
Moonlight Season #3 -- Oh yeah!

Grounded for Life #1 -- blindbuy.

That's it for me, this week.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Anyone know what Target's price for Survivor: Pearl Islands will be? I'd hate to order it online but I don't want to have to pay a few dollars more either...

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Mike - It sure is looking that way.
OAR's (per IMDB):
W&G: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit ("W&G: TCotWR") - 1.85:1
W&G: A Close Shave - 1.37:1
W&G: The Wrong Trousers - 1.37:1
W&G: A Grand Day Out - 1.33:1

So, given that the OAR's for the 3 W&G shorts (separate DVD titled: W&G in Three Amazing Adventures) are Full-Screen / Standard, the question is which version of W&G: TCotWR is included in the W&G 2-DVD Cracking Collector's Set ("W&G 2DCCS"). Or, are there 2 versions of W&G 2DCCS - one containing an OAR of W&G: TCotWR and one containing an MAR of W&G: TCotWR?

First of all, I checked several of the big-name DVD e-tailers and could not find even one that lists 2 versions of W&G 2DCCS. Therefore, it appears that there is only one version of W&G 2DCCS that will be released on Tuesday. So, we go back to the original question, "Which version of W&G: TCotWR is included in the W&G 2DCCS?"

Not all of the e-tailers that I checked list the technical specs for W&G 2DCCS, but a few do (and this is where it doesn't look good):

Amazon.com
Product details state twice that this is MAR:
Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
DVD Features: Disc 2: Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit (Full Screen)
Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...-5548739?n=130
In addition, the DreamWorks provided DVD artwork used on Amazon.com (click on "See Larger Image") clearly denotes "FULL SCREEN".
Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ima...F8&n=130&s=dvd
Also, be sure to check-out the Customer Reviews at the bottom questioning and complaining about the Full Screen version contained in the set.

Buy.com
Technical details state that this is MAR:
Aspect Ratio: Standard 1.33:1 [4:3]
Link: http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...ype=video_vhs&

DVDEmpire.com
Product infomation contains a contradiction - one states MAR & one states OAR:
Features: Wallace & Gromit: Curse of The Were-Rabbit (Fullscreen)
Video: Widescreen 1.85:1 Color (Anamorphic)
Link: http://www.dvdempire.com/exec/v4_ite...item_id=885209

DVDPacific.com
Description, product details, and features also contain contradictions:
Description: Wallace & Gromit: Curse of The Were-Rabbit (Fullscreen)
Product Details: Video: Widescreen 1.85:1 Color (Anamorphic)
Features: Wallace & Gromit: Curse of The Were-Rabbit (Fullscreen)
Link: http://www.dvdpacific.com/item.asp?ID=707946

In the end, my money is riding on an MAR only release of W&G 2DCCS, which is a bummer. :thumbsdown:

Brett*H

Stunt Coordinator
I've had "Poltergeist:The Legacy-Season 1" on pre-order from Amazon since the title was announced.Just waiting for the "has-shipped" notification.Loved this show from the get-go.No extras on the set but as long as the episodes are uncut and a decent transfer,I don't mind.

Moonlighting-Season 3 is also a must have this week.Thank you for the DDD info,Valerie G.!

NeilO

Senior HTF Member

Yes, there is - at WalMart. At least their display last in their stores said they have a 2-disc exclusive with the Cracking Contraptions on the second disc.

Oh, yeah - if their pricing is similar to previous exclusives, the single disc version will be price matched close to nearby competitors (so $14-$16 or so), while the exclusive version will probably be ~ $20.

Neil

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Anthony: I bet the RoundUp's good friend Eric Schulz will be by momentarily to report in on Target's price for Pearl Islands. This is a title I am monitoring myself. I'd actually like to watch Pearl Islands before breaking open the All-Stars set I gave my family for Christmas. I can tell you DeepDiscountDVD has it listed for $36.00 right now...about the same as Amazon. I think I'll be watching my local Wal-Marts, too!

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I placed an order for it on Amazon, but I'm ready to cancel it if Target has a better (or the same) price. Wal-Mart has it for $42-something but I know the prices vary store by store with them.

I really wanted to get it day-of-release but it makes more sense to save $5 and get it a few days after.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Anyone wanting to pick up the new Simpsons disc may want to wait a week. I just saw next week's ad for one of the Roundup's B&Ms listed on another site (hint: it's a non-wholesale club B&M that doesn't have a price listed in the grid for that disc), and the Simpsons disc will be cheaper there next week than any of the prices in this week's Roundup.
Of course, per forum rules that's all I can say.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
DEAL ALERT - HEADS-UP ON THIS
My wife, not a football fan, took the opportunity this afternoon to do some shopping and run some errands while I was engrossed in Super Bowl XL. As she headed out the door I asked, "Hey Hon, if you're near Best Buy today, stop in and pick-up 2 copies of the DVD 2-Pack of Frantic & Presumed Innocent for only $6.99 each." I told her that each contained $10.50 in movie cash for us to see Harrison Ford's new movie - Firewall. With evening movie tickets at $9.50 each, we'd be ahead even if we used the movie cash and threw the DVD's away. I thought that I'd keep one of the 2-Packs and give the other 2-Pack away.

She returned home at half-time with 2 of the DVD 2-Packs (and a bucket of chicken wings - got to love that woman :) ). Post game I decided to check out the DVD's and to my dismay I noticed on the back of the DVD case that Frantic is presented in Full-Screen only while Presumed Innocednt is presented in both Full-Screen and Widescreen versions. Oh well, I reasoned that even without the DVD's I'm still ahead of the game with the movie cash. So I opened one of the 2-Packs and dismay number 2 - NO MOVIE-CASH! What a joke - now I have to go back to Best Buy and either find out what happened to the movie cash or try to get a refund (on an opened DVD!) - this ought to be fun!

I probably won't get back to Best Buy until Tuesday, but I'll provide an update on the outcome. Did anyone else pick-up this DVD 2-Pack at Best Buy and have a different result?

Brad M

Second Unit
I went to Target to pick up Charlie & The Chocolate Factory. They had 2 widescreen copies and a ton of full-screen. The widescreen was not on sale for $10, only the full-screen.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Well several things for me yet again.

Doom
ECW Bloodsport (since it wasn't due out until this week)
Frantic/PI 2 pack -- will ditch the Frantic copy on someone else.
UFC 54
Waiting/Van Wilder combo
Bambi II -- MAYBE
1 of the 4 for $20 deals at CC

Talk to me about W&G is this worth it?? I mean I have never seen W&G anything. Is it kid worthy or what??

Thanks for the roundup fellas!!

Greg

Users who are viewing this thread