What's new

Weekly Roundup 9-5-2006 (1 Viewer)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I'm surprised you guys are having trouble finding Lost S2 at Target. I just bought it at my local Target, and they had at least 10 copies on the new release endcap. I don't know why they wouldn't have it - they don't have a bonus disc with it, or anything.

David Rosen

Agent

I found a similar situation at the Best Buy near where I am staying at. The Mission Viejo Best Buy didn't have Lost S2 with the Bonus Disc nor the United 93 2-disc pack. I went to another Best Buy (Lake Forest) and couldn't find either on the shelves, so I asked the cashier and she went to a pile of Lost and United 93 on one of the cashier stands and traded the Lost and United 93 DVD that I had brought up from the displays for the "special" packaging. When I asked her about it, she said that both of the movies had been severely undersupplied, so rather than having random people who didn't necessarily want the extra features pick them up randomly from a display, they were holding the "special" editions up front and were giving them out if somebody asked for them.

Anyways, I hope this helps someone out!

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Well, I placed an order with Barnes & Noble for United 93 LE, then decided to place a backup order with Circuit City.

BN now says that the supplier changed the release date, and delayed shipment.

Circuit City says the order has been cancelled, but estimates arrival date on 9/15.

So I found a local Best Buy with local pickup and ordered it last night.

They came back this morning and said the disc was not in stock.

So I called Best Buy and they found two stores with stock--one store with one copy, one store with two copies. I opted for the store with two copies, even though it was a gawd awful drive.

But I got it. And they price matched CC.

The bonus disc is a 48-minute documentary in anamorphic widescreen (the 1.33x1 notation on the disc is wrong). It interviews the people from the FAA and military who were involved on 9/11--several of whom portrayed themselves in the movie.

- Steve

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Barnes & Noble claims to have packed United 93 LE and readied it for shipment. If you are still looking, you might give them a try.

- Steve

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

Weird -- I was just coming into this thread to post something similar and the last post was yours on the same topic! Anyway, I found a 15% off code ("J6D4G6F") the other day on DVDTalk that seems to have stacked with my 10% BN membership card discount, so my order showed a price of $16.25 (not sure how their calculator ended up with that) for United 93 LE (their regular price was $21.68, I think), and it was in stock at the time. In addition, I added a cheap Elmo dvd for my daughter to get the total over $25, so I got free shipping. My order now shows due to be shipped tomorrow (9/11), although the BN product page now states this item is out of stock, so I'm crossing my fingers that I actually got one.

Might be worth keeping an eye on for those still hunting for the LE, especially for those with the BN membership card.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks