What's new

Weekly Roundup 9/30 (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Stockwell

Supporting Actor
Jim-M,

Thanks for the reply. I had checked out their prices, but was hoping for a B&M deal. Maybe it's too obscure a title for any retailers to offer an amazing deal. Will definitely go with DDD.

JKS

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
Pretty heavy week for me which is OK I guess since I bought nothing last week (and I think the week before)

Fargo SE
The Kids are Alright (in DTS..yeah!)
Rudy SE (one of the best movies ever made IMHO)
Scarface SE

and I'm going to pick up the Warners Legends Box set at the Warner Studio Store on the lot. I expect the price to be in the low $40's. Their price on the new Chaplin box is $44.60.

Dan B

Screenwriter
Thanks Dave!
George, regarding The Kids Are Alright - the deluxe version is the bare bones version (!) and the special edition is a 2 disc version with lots of special features.

Adrian_S

Second Unit
Chris, thanks for the heads up... I wasn't sure what I was going to get, but I have decied just to get RH.

Thanks for looking out...

- Adrian

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Note that the cartoon version of The Tick was Saban-made and therefore moved from Fox to Disney when FoxKids became ABCKids. Disney has shown no inclination to release this, and in fact may not realize that it's theirs. Or perhaps they do, and there are other issues preventing its release.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Dan. I guess it's kind of like buying a coke at a fast food restaurant where the smallest size is large, followed by super-large, and super-duper large. :rolleyes::)

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Just got in from Target.

2 Fast 2 Furious is $15.99 and comes with the extra DVD that has the making of 2F2F.

Greg

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
It looks like Costco has Robin Hood; it's 18.98. (At least the Coastco near me, King of Prussia, PA has it.)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I think my Costco also has Robin Hood for that price. They were putting out the new dvds (much later than they usually do), and I saw an open box with Yankee Doodle Dandy & Treasure of the Sierra Madre with that price marked on it). So I asked about Robin Hood. She said, "I don't know, let me look it up on the computer" and rushed off. She came back and told me no, but almost certainly she's mistaken. But I wasn't going to argue with her, she was obviously hassled about trying to get these dvds out so late, and that price wasn't low enough for me to buy it there anyway.

Keith M.

Second Unit
Amazon says Warner Legends Collection Availability is 3 to 4 WEEKS!!! Why? This was just released? Is this just a normal message??

Does anyone know where else to purchase this close to the same price that has it in stock???

TimJS

Second Unit
Today @ BestBuy

They were still stocking when I showed up to buy Fargo, Lawrence Of Arabia Superbit (finally in...Action, single disc version in Drama), & The Kids Are Alright SE (stocked with CD New Releases!).

They had all three Warner Legend titles at $19.99 5 to 8 copies each on display. No box sets. My Amazon order is scheduled to ship end of next week, so could either be delay or BB isn't carrying.

Tim

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Amazon says Warner Legends Collection Availability is 3 to 4 WEEKS!!! Why? This was just released? Is this just a normal message??
This has been discussed a bit in a thread in Software. No one can find it in B&Ms either. There's speculation that there's a holdup with the bonus disc in the box set (the Warner documentary).

Keith M.

Second Unit
Anyone else order from Amazon? I ended up just ordering it from them, since it was such a good price...

Hopefully, it will eventually ship...:angry:

Keith M.

Second Unit
BTW, anyone else getting annoyed by the "hunt" to find new releases?? Gone are the days where you could purchase all your dvds from one store...

Randy B A

Supporting Actor

I went to walmart, Bestbuy, and Costco. None of them had the Scarface gift set. BB said they sold out. So I got it at Borders for a little more than the other stores about $56 minus %20 coupon about $50 out the door.

Also went to target the bonus DVd for 2 fast 2 furious. They did not get it in, so the clerk calls 4 other stores in the area B4 she finds one that has the bonus DVD. so I had to drive there to get that.

I also got Fargo at BB with CC price match at $ 14.99.

What a bad day of DVD shopping.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

I certainly am. Luckily I have a Best Buy, Circuit City, Barnes & Noble, Walmart, and Target all within 3 miles of each other. Even so, it's becoming a complete PITA to run between them looking for new releases on Tuesdays. I can't remember when the last time was that I found all of the discs I wanted at a single store. Best Buy and Circuit City are the worst offenders in my opinion if you're looking for catalog title releases. They NEVER have more than one or two copies in stock in my experience, yet they're advertised heavily in their Sunday newspaper inserts. Today for example I went to both BB and CC to get, among other things, the Warner Legends box set. Niether store had a single copy in stock. BB had two or three copies each of Treasure of the Sierra Madre and The Adventures of Robin Hood, but CC only had one - yes ONE - copy of each title. Out of curiosity I asked a floor clerk to see if they had any more of either in stock. He checked and said that was all they had received.

This kind of behavior is getting pretty dispicable in my opinion. If these stores don't think that catalog titles such as these will sell, then why advertise them in the first place? If they DO think they'll sell then why not stock more than a couple of copies on release day? All the current practice does is piss their customers off. It' almost worth it to pay a little more, preorder online, and be done with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks