What's new

Weekly RoundUp 9-25-2012 (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
There's. rumor going around that Target has dropped the price of the 3D set to $19.99 so that price on the target web site and app may be true.
Of course the rumor is coming from a post on Bluray .com as a picture from a target back room bulletin board with a page saying something about
A digital copy not in the 2D version or some other reason.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Neil Middlemiss /t/323953/weekly-roundup-9-25-2012#post_3978954
Amazon has just price matched the 3D version of The Avengers to 24.99!

Works for me. I gave up a long time ago trying to track down all the exclusives and bonus content being released. A person could go mad trying to do that!

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
RolandL said:
Yeah, the ad says $19.99 but when when you add it to the cart its $32.99.
Yes, by Taget.com doesn't even reflect Target B&M since the price will be at most 24.99 with the extra disc.
Target Correction Board
Actually that looks like the board at Entry where they post the weekly ad and price mistakes for the public to see.
Could be just at that one store of course and not necessarily a National thing, but it's interesting that it's up 2 days
ahead of street date.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
It does look like the front board. I also thinks looks photoshopped but it could be real who knows.

mstgator

Agent
Real Name
Aaron
Amazon has also price-matched the Blu for American Horror Story: Season 1, at $29.99.
I'm afraid I'm going to cave in and pull the trigger on Bond 50 (despite that fact that I have an unwatched DVD UCE set purchased 3 1/2 years ago for $89.95).

Christopher_J_F

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you for your work as always Mike!
Can anyone confirm that Best Buy is indeed still running this:
--Best Buy continues it's deal this week to get a FREE $10 Best Buy Giftcard when you spend $50 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray. OR...get a FREE $25 BB Giftcard when you spend $100 or more on DVD or Blu TV titles. Must be purchased on same receipt to receive the gift card. Excludes children's TV titles. Online-only offer: Receive a $10 BB Gift Card when you purchase 3 TV titles $14.99 and up.
I can't find any mention of it on their website or the digital version of the weekly flyer. If it IS still running, buying the Bond set and getting a $25 card would be a steal!
Thanks!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
^ That should only be good on TV titles. Bond doesn't count.

At least, it shouldn't count...but knowing BB...

Christopher_J_F

Stunt Coordinator
^ D'oh!
Curse my reading abilities! :)
Well, if someone is buying TV titles, I still couldn't find any mention of it other than here so they may want to research a bit first.
Thanks Jason!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I see the $10 GC offer on page 13 of the ad with different language: 3 TV titles $14.99 or higher and you get a $10 GC.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Better question: Who gets to do FDR: American Badass?

Originally Posted by Sam Posten /t/323953/weekly-roundup-9-25-2012#post_3979040
Who gets to do the Strippers Vs. Werewolves HTF review?
There's a rumor that the Ultimate Edition of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pts. 1 and 2 will be a Target exclusive, coming out Tuesday. It will be interesting to see if it actually proves true.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
--Best Buy continues it's deal this week to get a FREE $10 Best Buy Giftcard when you spend $50 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray. OR...get a FREE $25 BB Giftcard when you spend $100 or more on DVD or Blu TV titles. Must be purchased on same receipt to receive the gift card. Excludes children's TV titles. Online-only offer: Receive a $10 BB Gift Card when you purchase 3 TV titles $14.99 and up.
Based on my recent BB misadventure described in last week's WRU thread, I believe this offer ends this week (9/29).

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Thanks as always Mike. I'm keeping my Amazon pre-order of the 3D Avengers and that may be it for now, but I am tempted by the Bond 50.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Christopher_J_F said:
/t/323953/weekly-roundup-9-25-2012#post_3979041
I see the $10 GC offer on page 13 of the ad with different language: 3 TV titles $14.99 or higher and you get a $10 GC.
Online ONLY, Jason!

I'm not sure why there's any confusion about this. The Best Buy TV Gift Card deal is EXACTLY as I have written it in the OP.

What's not to believe?!? They've been running this about a month now.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Cameron Yee said:
Better question: Who gets to do FDR: American Badass?
There's a rumor that the Ultimate Edition of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pts. 1 and 2 will be a Target exclusive, coming out Tuesday. It will be interesting to see if it actually proves true.
I think confirmation by a couple Target employess
HP 7 Ultimate Edition
pictures post 3021 and 3023
Expected Price 49.99
DPCI #058-30-0420
6 Discs
Bluray Pt 1
Bluray Pt 2
DVD Pt 1
DVD Pt 2
2 Extra Bluray disc
Creating the World of HP -- Pt 7: Story Pt 8 Growing Up
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt 1 and 2: Behind the Magic
HP On the Road
A Conversation with Rowling and Radcliffe (Extended)
Hogwarts Last Stand (Extended)
Featurettes, Trailers, and Deleted Scenes, etc
4 Character Cards
1 Book 48 page Growing Up
Year 7 Lenticular Card
I don;t know if the extended interviews are the same as on the Wizards set or some still edited version

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Mike Frezon said:
Online ONLY, Jason!

I'm not sure why there's any confusion about this.  The Best Buy TV Gift Card deal is EXACTLY as I have written it in the OP.

What's not to believe?!?  They've been running this about a month now.  :confused:
Not sure where the confusion is coming from, Mike. I've personally taken advantage of this offer multiple times since they started running it. Think it's been a great deal along with the earlier offer they had for getting a $10 gift card for spending $50 or more online with in-store pick-up.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
There was confusion for Christopher so mike just confirmed the details of the offer and reminded everyone to check the first post for info on this and other deals.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks