What's new

Weekly RoundUp 9-24-2013 (1 Viewer)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Guess I'll wait for the IM3 BD releases to go on sale. Those prices seem rather high. Didn't like the film enough to pay a premium for it.

Jay*W

Second Unit
Wal-Mart advertisement on the back of Parade shows $19.99 for IM3 2D and $24.99 for IM 3D.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Jay*W said:
Wal-Mart advertisement on the back of Parade shows $19.99 for IM3 2D and $24.99 for IM 3D.
Yup and with the dmr coupon and 5% target card discount brings it down to about $21. Well worth it IMO.

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
Has anyone read the restrictions on the Disney coupon? Is it definitely good for all Buena Vista Home Video titles or just Disney titles? I might redeem this if I can use it for Iron Man 3 3D.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the info about the Iron Man 3 releases, guys. Neither of the 3D exclusives are worth the extra coin for me.

Just a head's up, BN.com is listing Doctor Who: The Complete Seventh Series for $64.11, but when I put it in my cart for preorder, the price was an extra 13 percent off: $53.00. Not sure if that's because I'm a Barnes & Noble member or not, but if you're interested in the set it's worth checking out.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Adam Lenhardt said:
Thanks for the info about the Iron Man 3 releases, guys. Neither of the 3D exclusives are worth the extra coin for me.

Just a head's up, BN.com is listing Doctor Who: The Complete Seventh Series for $64.11, but when I put it in my cart for preorder, the price was an extra 13 percent off: $53.00. Not sure if that's because I'm a Barnes & Noble member or not, but if you're interested in the set it's worth checking out.
Maybe you caught them in the middle of a price update, b/c it's 53 for me now on the main page. Not bad if you want it now, but
I think i'm still going to wait until December and hope they have the annual BBC 50% sale and see if I can get it for $30 after member
discount and 8off40 coupon or hopefully they'll have a 30% coupon like last December.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This is now the second time in as many months that I have included VHS prices in the RoundUp.

There's not ANY chance, right...that there's some kind of weird niche culture that actually wants VHS to return...is there?

Honestly, I never thought vinyl would become popular again...but more and more new music releases are starting to appear on vinyl. One of my local stores (FYE) has a fairly good sized display of vinyl (nearly as large as its Blu-ray section!!!).

So, I really don't expect anyone to answer "yes" to my question, but...

And, I'm really surprised there are still VHS production facilities available to studios.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
There seem to be legitimate technical and aesthetic reasons for the existence and resurgence of vinyl. I can think of no such reasons for VHS. :)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
This is now the second time in as many months that I have included VHS prices in the RoundUp.

There's not ANY chance, right...that there's some kind of weird niche culture that actually wants VHS to return...is there?
To the best of my knowledge, the recent VHS releases have been appropriate for the movie. In the sense that the movie is a throwback to the 1980's or in the case of V/H/S/2, it was either actually shot on VHS or supposed to look like it was. Old VHS tapes have had something of a resurgence with horror fans who remember the 'good' old days of the 1980's tape rental places where the box art would be pretty cool and the movie was almost always terrible. I think those people are more fans of the box than the tape.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
rob kilbride said:
Has anyone read the restrictions on the Disney coupon? Is it definitely good for all Buena Vista Home Video titles or just Disney titles? I might redeem this if I can use it for Iron Man 3 3D.
Let you know tomorrow. Will try using it tomorrow at Target

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
Valentino, I would guess it would say, in the small print, the scope of the coupon.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Rob, it says $3.00 off any DISNEY Bluray Combo pack. That's pretty much it.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
South Park S16 Blu is down to $21.99 on Amazon! It's also listing for $24.99 at Fry's, in case the Amazon sale is just a blip.

Edit: Best Buy also has it for $21.99. Oh happy day.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Nice to hear it worked. I didn't want to risk cashing in my reward points on a coupon that may be rejected and then become invalid soon after.

There's literally nowhere anywhere on the case that says the word "Disney". Rather, "Paramount" is plastered all over it instead (U.S. Blu-Ray 3 Disc Combo), so good luck to anyone using the coupon.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Yeh me too. Picked up at Walmart for $25 before coupon.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I didn't think that there were any actual VHS manufacturing facilities anymore. I just figured these new releases were using some kind of existing stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks