1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Weekly RoundUp 9/21/04 Star Wars Trilogy (authorized sneak peek)

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Mike Frezon, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Hopefully VERY VERY soon! [​IMG]

2. Marshall W. Carter

Marshall W. Carter Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the info. I can foresee that I will use this service in the near future [​IMG]

3. TonyTone

TonyTone Supporting Actor

One more post to confirm the Fry's $36.99 price--heck, I'll just buy a copy at BB on Tuesday, then go back there later in the day with Fry's ad in hand and pricematch + 10%...

4. Jeff D

Jeff D Supporting Actor

I wish I could get BB.com to match Fry's price. I think this is the first time I've seen a next tuesday price on Friday.

I've got an order with BB using $20 of discounts and I'd still like to go lower. =)

5. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?

Tony D.
    tonytone. just buy it at the register then walk over to customer service with the ad.

you can get the extra 10% that way without leaving the store.

6. Randy B A

Randy B A Supporting Actor

I will also be PM at best buy with my fry's add and $35 in Reward zone certs. Only a couple of dollars out of pocket.

7. JeffreyMercado

JeffreyMercado Second Unit

BestBuy by my house is giving a copy of the Star Wars Insider magazine and Darth Vader Bobble Head giveaway. Price is not even mentioned in the circular.
    CompUSA has it for 39.99

8. Nick T Robot

Nick T Robot Supporting Actor

We don't have any Fry's Ads here (No Fry's stores) so the lowest price Ad I could find is CompuUSA (Most other ads were $49.99 or "Low Price") I'll probably end up price matching at Bestbuy.

The Darth Vader Bobble Head giveaway is only one per store that is open at midnight. And it looks like there are 3 more prizes:

From StarWars.com:

I've scanned my local BestBuy Ad (Washington DC Area)
    You'll need to check for Bestbuy's by you that will be open at 12:01am 9/21
    [​IMG]
    Click to enlarge picture

[​IMG]
    Click to enlarge picture

9. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Grid updated to reflect actual in-store prices!

As reported by Jeffrey, CompUSA seems to have the low est B&M price, but my money is still on Wal-Mart to price-match to the lowest price...at least for the first day or so of the sale. Then once the major loss leader stores run out of stock, they will probably creep up to what will still be a good price.

It is not clear to me if BestBuy B&Ms will also be doing the R2-D2 mockumentary give-away. Seems like that may be a bb.com offer only. The Best Buy flyer ONLY gives info on the Star Wars Insider magazine giveaway. I mention this because I know a few people here are interested in this.

10. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Here is further proof that not all Best Buy flyers are equal.

This is my ad from the Albany (NY) Times-Union:

No bobblehead! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. JackKay

JackKay Second Unit

I copied this form another forum. I'm sure it's correct. Unless you have a Fry's near you ($36.99 Tuesday only) CompUSA seems the best price. But then again we haven't heared from WALMART yet!
    Walmart.com is selling it for $41.88, no B&M yet.

Star Wars OT

Best Buy: Low price (next to a copy of SW Battlefront PC game which lists at $42.99, you get a Star Wars insider magazine free with purchase of the OT, and you can win a Darth Vader bobblehead if you go to a midnight opening, select stores)

Circuit City: Low Price (listed next to Indy box set in ad, which is listed at $44.99

Target: Low price (listed next to a Felicity Season Set priced at $44.99)

COMPUSA: $39.99 (I smell a Price Match)

12. Shannon B

Shannon B Extra

Would there be an advantage to waiting? In other words, when Lucas finishes the next film, would they all be released in one mega pack? Or is there no advantage to waiting because the other films will get their own pack?

Thanks for all the info. Very useful!

13. JackKay

JackKay Second Unit

I haven't heard, Lucas is the only one who really knows. But I would make a uneducated guess that it would be well after SW III is released on DVD late 3rd or 4th Quarter next year. And then the current extra disk may not be included, it just might be the 6 movies and all you gain is a cardboard box.

It's really hard to guess about these things. Anyone with inside info?

14. WillG

WillG Producer

Might buy from someplace other than Best Buy on priciple for advertising the Full Screen verison of this. I know that is what they usually do, but it seems especially egregious here.

15. Dave Miller

Dave Miller Supporting Actor

Nor are all Best Buys equal. Just called mine and they will not be open at midnight on Monday. Bummer.

Looks like I'll be stopping by Walmart Monday night.

Peace,

DM

16. James W. Johnson

James W. Johnson Screenwriter

Can I just go into an FYE store, pre-order it , get the rebate form and poster now or?

17. Nick T Robot

Nick T Robot Supporting Actor

They do feature the Widescreen version on the front cover, a more prime spot compare to page 20. My post above shows it.

18. NeilO

NeilO Screenwriter

Thanks for the information on the Coconuts offer. I just ordered it. I was charged sales tax, but if the rebate works, it should just come to $32.24. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't all come to a satisfying end.

Neil

19. WillG

WillG Producer

I was at an FYE today and they were playing Empire on one of their TV screens. I took a bit of issue with that. What a tease for a store to be playing it before you can actually buy it.

20. Seymour Uranowitz

Seymour Uranowitz Stunt Coordinator

For anyone considering using Amazon with STL, take note that the STL discount is being dropped from all orders after they ship. It's been happening for the past several weeks, due to what they *claim* is a system problem. You'll have to call or email them to get the discount applied, and they may ask you for the name of the person who sent you the STL.

Interesting how this "problem" cropped up just weeks before the biggest DVD release in history. And how many people will probably never notice.

Further info in this thread and this thread.